2023/2024 Post-UTME/Direct Entry Screening – Notice of Registration for Direct Entry Screening at Alex Ekwueme Federal University
Table of Contents
This announcement is intended for the general public, informing them that the registration process for the Post-Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (Post-UTME/Direct Entry) for the 2023/2024 academic session at Alex Ekwueme Federal University, Ndufu-Alike, Ebonyi State, will commence on Tuesday, 15th August 2023, and conclude on Sunday, 1st October 2023.
Interested candidates who obtained a score of 150 and above in the 2023 UTME and selected Alex Ekwueme Federal University, Ndufu-Alike, Ebonyi State, as their first choice institution during their application for admission in the 2023 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) are eligible to apply.
However, candidates who applied for Medicine and Surgery must have obtained a minimum score of 250, while candidates applying for Law must have a minimum score of 240 in the UTME to be eligible for the University’s Post-UTME.
|1||Faculty of Agriculture||1. Agribusiness and Management
2. Agriculture (Agricultural Economics and Extension, Animal Science, Crop science
3. Soil science)
4. Fisheries and Aquaculture.
|2||Faculty of Basic Medical Sciences||1. Anatomy
|3||Faculty of Education||1. Education/English and Literary Studies
2. Educational Administration and Management
3. Guidance and Counseling
4. Biology Education.
5. Chemistry Education
6. Mathematics Education
7. Physics Education
8. Physical and Health Education
9. Agricultural Science and Education
10. Business Education
|4||Faculty of Engineering and Technology||1. Chemical Engineering
2. Civil Engineering
3. Electrical/Electronics Engineering
4. Mechanical Engineering
5. Mechatronic Engineering
|5||Faculty of Environmental Sciences||1. Architecture
2. Fine and Applied Arts
|6||Faculty of Humanities||1. English
6. Theatre Arts
9. History and Strategic Studies
|7||Faculty of Law||1. Law|
|8||Faculty of Management Sciences||1. Accountancy
2. Banking and Finance
3. Business Administration
|9||Faculty of Biological Sciences||1. Biology
|10||Faculty of Physical Sciences||1. Chemistry
2. Computer science
|11||Faculty of Social Sciences||1. Economics
2. Political science
4. Criminology and Security Studies
6. Mass Communication
|12||College of Medical Sciences||1. Medicine and Surgery|
Note: There shall be no Direct Entry admission into Medicine & Surgery and Law
Candidates who wish to study Medicine and Surgery must have obtained a minimum score of 250 in the 2023 UTME, while those interested in Law must have a minimum score of 240. For other programs, a minimum score of 150 and above is required.
It is important to note that candidates who did not select Alex Ekwueme Federal University, Ndufu-Alike, Ebonyi State, as their first choice institution but still wish to apply for the Post-UTME are eligible to do so.
However, these candidates must complete a Change of Institution/Course to Alex Ekwueme Federal University, Ndufu-Alike, Ebonyi State, on the JAMB Portal before Sunday, 1st October 2023. This requirement also applies to Direct Entry (DE) candidates.
* Applicants interested in pursuing Medicine and Surgery or Law programs must have their O’Level Results obtained in a single sitting only.
1. Candidates who are interested in registering for the Post-UTME through the AE-FUNAI ICT Centres are advised to visit the following:
*University CBT Centre at Zone A in the University Campus OR
* Centre for Educational Services (JUPEB/Pre-Degree School), Aguogboriga Estate, Abakaliki.
2. It is recommended that candidates utilize GSM numbers that are easily reachable to them during the registration process. This is important for efficient and effortless communication.
3. If candidates provide false information during the screening and admission, their application will be automatically disqualified.
Mode of payment and registration procedure
To participate in the admission screening, eligible candidates must pay a processing fee of N2,000. Here are the steps to register:
- Visit the University’s website: www.funai.edu.ng.
- Go to the “ADMISSIONS” section in the top menu or click “QUICKLINKS.”
- Click on either “2023/2024 UTME Admission Screening” or “2023/2024 Direct Entry Admission Screening.”
- Select “prospective students.”
- Click on “click to apply” under the “2023/2024 Admission Screening Application.”
- Enter your “JAMB registration number.”
- Choose your payment mode to generate a Remita Retrieval Reference Number.
- Proceed to any bank to make your payment using the Remita number.
- Return to the Application page and re-enter your “JAMB Registration Number.”
- Complete the form as required.
- Submit your application.
- Print out your acknowledgement slip.
Mode of Screening:
The admission screening for the 2023/2024 academic session will be conducted internally by reviewing the candidates’ results.
There will not be a Computer Based Test (CBT) for the Post-UTME. All candidates must upload their O/Level and Direct Entry results on JAMB Central Admissions Processing System (CAPS) by Friday, 29th September, 2023. Applications without result uploads on JAMB CAPS will not be considered.