Accessories Every Home Should Have
A building can either be referred to as a house or a home. To own a house is pretty easy compared to having a home.
A home is the product of a building, standards and organization, as a lot is required ranging from getting an apartment to making them comfortable to one’s livelihood. With different tastes and uniqueness, people go extents to just furnish or exquisitely furnish their houses and to create a home- comfortable and relaxing, from it.
In order to actualize that comfy lifestyle we desire; the quiet of the bedroom, the elegance of the sitting room, the well-supply of the Kitchen, tranquil of the restroom to the terror of the dog pen, there are some basic items known as Home Accessories one needs. These items can be likened to furniture and decoration.
The purpose is to make the house warm and relaxing. An objective might also be to block out noise and reduce echo, shade any light incident in the sleeping area, in general, provides that sense of privacy while still considering beauty. This is what furniture and decoration can do for you and even more.
Take a look at your homes, there are basically six sections that make up the home namely:
6. Storeroom et cetera.
These sections need different accessories to make it comfortable and unique, ranging from safety items, to Homecare, cooking and entertaining items.
The Sitting Room (Parlour)
Just imagine standing at the doorpost of your living room in your new apartment, no doubt lots of thoughts breeze into mind as you are confused on what you need to fill up that empty space.
- The first thing that comes to mind Is the furniture. It is considered the most important article placed in the living room. These set could be wooden, metal, foam, etc. And come in different colours, designs, feel. But for order and beauty strategic locations must be selected. They could be placed in parallel with tile gutters, the ceiling and walls angles could be used as a reference also.
- The next important accessory to consider is your rug or carpet. Most persons would settle for rug because it brings warmth to the cold floor and at the same time has a soft material. Asides this, the rug also beautifies the living room as it compliments the painting used in the living room. Know that modern floors as ceramic tiles are now being used.
- The next in line is the dining table, every family needs a round table where they can sit, have their meals and sometimes gossip. The dining table serves as a piece that unites the family together and at the same time beautifies the living room.
- The centrepiece of your living room matters. This brings about the coffee table literally known by many as the centre table.
- Another essential accessory in the living room is the wall clock. Sounds insignificant but its role is very important. It plays multiple roles as it tells the time, helps us manage our activities so as to avoid chaos and at same time a very great piece of decoration. Pick a design to match your wall, space and ambience. I would go for vintage.
- Other accessories in the living room, though are seen as less important are; accent chairs which serves as a way of providing more seats for one’s guest, entertainment units such as TV stand, entertainment fireplace, et cetera, corner units, side tables, plants (flowers), curtains also known as drapes, candles, throw blanket, accent pillows, and finally artwork.
The bedroom is another section of the home and is said to be one’s personal sanctuary filled with comfort and seals one’s peace of mind as he lays on his bed.
Let us look At bedroom accessories.
- A bedroom is never a bedroom without a bed but still very much incomplete without some other essential accessories. The first and most important accessory in the bedroom is the bed. The bed comprises of some other mini component namely; quality mattress, quality sheets to cover the bed, pillows and cushion fillings, head board, bed runner, bed end bench et cetera. Other essential accessories can be rug, a nice designed wallpaper, a wall clock, head lamp, candles and a sheer curtains et cetera.
Our home cannot be called complete without the kitchen. A home without the kitchen Is like a human body without the heart and even the kitchen needs some accessories before it can be considered a kitchen. It ranges from cookware, utensils, to cooking appliances et cetera.
Accessories needed in the kitchen are chef knife, cutting board, can opener, measuring cup, measuring spoons, mixing bowls, vegetable peeler, grater, paring knife, bread knife, sauté pan, sauce pan, pots, spatula, stirring spoon, immersion blender, kitchen scale, blender, food storage containers, aluminium foil, towel, sponges, dish rack, ice cube, tray, trash bag, trash bin, broom, basket, bags, stove or gas cylinder, and variety of glasses and plates et cetera.
The bathroom and toilet are one of the most overlooked rooms for most individuals. Most individuals don’t find it important to keep their bathrooms and toilets whole.
Accessories needed in the bathroom and toilet before it can be tagged “functional” are; bathing tub, shower curtain, water closet, shower curtain liner, bath mat, towels, toilet paper, toilet paper holder, toothbrush holder, hand soap dispenser, mirror, trash can, non-slip shower mat, tissue box, storage basket, storage cart, toilet brush, toilet bowl cleaner, glass cleaner, disinfectant wipes, soap, rubber gloves, hand towel, blind and curtain et cetera.
Other accessories that can be seen in the home are; first aid box kit, flashlight, fire extinguisher, carbon monoxide detector, tarps, whistles, broom and dust pan, cutlass, shovels, rake, microfiber cloth, rubber gloves, cleaning wipes, basket, rags, vacuum, and scrub brush et cetera.
Having a building where you call your house Is good but making a home out of your house is important. In all your ideas, it is very important to create space for the children to play around; don’t place unnecessary obstructions in their way.