Best antivirus software -5 Top Antivirus to download and use for your PC
In our previous post, we where we listed out some of the things that one should take note of before purchasing a laptop and one of the things we mentioned was good antivirus software.
Antivirus software is a computer program used to prevent, detect, or remove malware, and since it was primarily developed to remove or detect virus hence the name antivirus.
In addition to dealing with viruses, some antivirus protects one from other things such as adware, advanced persistent threat, arbitrary code execution, backdoors, hardware backdoors, code injection, cross-site scripting, and botnets.
An Antivirus can either be paid or free and while the free ones are more popular compared to the paid ones, It is advisable to use the paid ones because they are more effective compared to the free ones furthermore, the free antivirus softwares are mostly trial versions and they can also be used to infect your system with the virus so try to get any of the antivirus listed below and install it on your system.
Before we proceed, we would define some terms that you might encounter while reading the post:
Trojans: Trojan is malicious software that misleads users of its true intent and the term is derived from the Ancient Greek story of the Trojan horse that led to the fall of Troy.
Spyware: Spyware is malicious software whose aim is to gather information of the user of the system it is installed on.
Adware: Adware is a form of advertisement and the developer earns money by generating ads that would pop up on the screen of a user when a particular action is performed or an application is opened.
Virus: A virus is a program that attaches itself to the computer system and during the process, replicated itself when executed by modifying other computer programs and inserting its own code.
Below is a list of the best antivirus for your system:
- Kaspersky: Kaspersky is an antivirus that was invented or created by Eugene Kaspersky, Natalya Kaspersky, Alexey De-Monderik, and Vadim Bognado in the year 1997. Kaspersky is supported on operating systems like Windows, macOS, Android, Linux, and IOS. Some of the features of Kaspersky antivirus include real-time protection, detection and removal of viruses, Trojans, spyware, adware, keyloggers, malicious tools, and autodialers, as well as detection and removal of rootkits.
- Comodo AntiVirus: Comodo antivirus is freemium antivirus software that is developed by the Comodo group. Comodo antivirus is supported on platforms operating with the following operating systems Windows XP and later, Ubuntu, Fedora, RHEL, Mint, Cent Os, Open SUSE, and SLES. The features of Comodo antivirus include antivirus program, firewall, sandbox, and Host-intrusion prevention system(HIPS), and Website Filtering. Comodo antivirus can be gotten from the Comodo website comodo.com so visit the website after you have read this article and download it if you like the features outlined or mentioned in this article.
- Norton Antivirus: Norton Antivirus is an Anti-virus or anti-malware software that is developed by NortonLifeLock in the year 1991. Norton Antivirus is supported by the following platforms like Microsoft Windows, macOS, and Linux respectively. The features of Norton Antivirus include the use of signature and heuristics to identify the virus, email spam filtering, and phishing protection respectively.
- Bitdefender AntiVirus: Bitdefender antivirus was created by Florin Talpes and he founded the company Bitdefender on 6th November 2001. The company is headquartered in Romania and it specializes in the production of mainly cybersecurity products to its customers worldwide. Bitdefender antivirus is supported by four operating systems namely Windows, Android, macOS, and IOS. Some of Bitdefender products include Bitdefender Total Security, Bitdefender Box, Bitdefender VPN, and Bitdefender Digital Identity product.
- Mcafee AntiVirus: Mcafee Antivirus is a program that was created by John Mcafee in the year 1987 and it is headquartered in California, USA. Mcafee has the following products under it namely: IntruShield, Mcafee Change Control, Mcafee DAT Reputation, Mcafee E-business Server, Mcafee Entercept, Mcafee Site Advisor, and Mcafee Virus Scan. Finally, Mcafee is supported by four (4) operating systems namely Windows, IOS, Android, and macOS in addition they have a free trial version of the software that one can download and use without a credit card. Some of the features of the Mcafee Antivirus software are web protection, password manager, file protection, and identity theft protection.
There are other Antiviruses that one can use apart from the ones mentioned and they include Webroot antivirus, Malwarebytes, Avast antivirus, and Sophos antivirus.