Boston University: 2023 Trustee Scholarship for International Undergraduates
Table of Contents
BU’s Trustee Scholars Program accepts around 20 exceptional students every year, many of whom had impressive academic records in high school, with perfect 4.0 GPAs and high-class rankings. However, academic excellence is not the only criterion for selection.
Trustee Scholars are also expected to display intellectual curiosity and creativity and have had unique experiences or achievements that set them apart from their peers. Essentially, Trustee Scholars are not just academically accomplished but are also individuals with diverse interests and well-rounded personalities.
Being part of the Trustee Scholars Program at BU means becoming part of a distinctive campus community that provides numerous opportunities for intellectual, cultural, and social growth.
About Boston University
Boston University, situated in Boston, Massachusetts, is a private research university with no religious affiliation, although it has historically been linked to the United Methodist Church. Methodists established it in 1839, and its first campus was located in Newbury, Vermont before it was relocated to Boston in 1867.
Boston University Undergraduate Scholarship
|Country to study
|School to study
|Course to study
|State of Origin
|Men and Women
|December 1, 2023
Aim And Benefits Of Scholarship
The Trustee Scholarship is a financial aid program that covers the entire cost of undergraduate tuition and mandatory fees. It can be renewed for up to four years if specific conditions are met.
To be eligible for this scholarship, applicants must be highly accomplished and competitive individuals with exceptional involvement in their schools and communities.
Requirements For Scholarship Qualification
To qualify for the Boston University Trustee Scholarship Program, applicants must fulfil the following requirements:
- Only international students are eligible for the Trustee and Presidential Scholarships.
- U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and eligible non-citizens are considered for all merit awards and other scholarships.
- Applicants must be enrolled as full-time students in a degree program.
- Applicants should be prepared to enrol in undergraduate courses at the University.
- They should have demonstrated exceptional extracurricular accomplishments in their schools and communities.
- They must have achieved SAT scores above 1500 and ACT scores above 33.
December 1, 2023
How To Apply
Interested and qualified? Go to Boston University on www.commonapp.org to apply.
To be eligible for the Trustee Scholarship, please follow these steps:
- Submit the Common Application and all necessary documents for admission to one of BU’s undergraduate degree programs by December 1.
- As part of your application to BU, complete the Trustee Scholarship essay on the Common Application.
For the Trustee Scholarship Essay, please choose one of the following prompts and submit an essay of 600 words or less as part of your application through the Common Application:
- Nobel laureate and BU professor Elie Wiesel once expressed, “There is divine beauty in learning… To learn means to accept the postulate that life did not begin at my birth. Others have been here before me, and I walk in their footsteps.
The books I have read were composed by generations of fathers and sons, mothers and daughters, teachers and disciples. I am the total of their experiences, their quests.” Reflect on a book, film, podcast, or life experience that has enhanced your connection to your personal history or identity. What is the most valuable lesson you learned from it?
2. Recount when you felt uncomfortable or marginalized in a situation that took you out of your comfort zone. How did you respond to that moment, and how has it influenced your subsequent actions and decisions?
For more information, don’t hesitate to contact 617-353-2320.
For more details, visit the BU website.