Cold Uterus and how it can result in miscarriage
Table of Contents
Over the years, so many diseases have emerged. These diseases have had a great effect on the life of people. The most affected are women. Most of the diseases that affect women are once related to the reproductive system. Diseases like fibroid, ovarian cancer, breast cancer, among others.
Among these diseases is the cold uterus. Most people might not have been aware of it but it has affected so many women. It effect on the women is very enormous. Let’s look at Cold Uterus.
What is the uterus? The uterus also known as the womb is a place in the female reproductive system where the embryo and foetus develops. It is 8cm long. It is positioned in the pelvis with a pear like shape. It is muscular but has the ability to stretch and carry a foetus for nine month.
It also contract and send the baby out during labour. It has three layers: the perimetrium, the mynometrium and the endometrium. The perimetrium is the outer layer which has the epithelial cells. The myometrium is the middle layer. It is made up of smooth muscular tissue. The endometrium is the inner lining.
What is Cold Uterus? Cold Uterus therefore implies that the lining or walls of the uterus has gone cold. The warming hormones (progesterone) has not been performing its duty (warming the uterine lining). This makes it difficult for the foetus to develop properly and it might lead to miscarriage. Aside cold uterus, other diseases that affect the uterus are tipped uterus, uterine cancer, endometriosis, uterine prolapse, endometrial hyperplasia, etc.
What causes Cold Uterus
Excess Consumption of Cold Temperature Drinks: Cold drink makes the body to be chilled thereby making the blood flow in the body to be cold. This in turn affects the uterus. It also makes menstrual flow to be slow and clotty.
- Staying in air conditioned cars and rooms.
- Cold weather too long.
- Being a vegetarian.
- Taking raw food excessively.
- Symptoms of Cold Uterus
- Inability to conceive.
- Clot in menstrual blood
- Frequent coldness of hands and feet
- Lower back pains
- Frequent urination at night
- Low sexual desire
- Cramps and
- Painful menstruation.
How Cold Uterus Results in Miscarriage
When conception takes place, the foetus has a short time to be implanted into the uterus. The foetus needs certain nutrients to grow and develop. When the uterus is cold, it leads to poor circulation of blood to the uterus and the poor circulation of blood damages the uterus lining which makes it difficult for the embryo to grow.
These deficiency (poor circulation of blood) makes the uterus weak which results in miscarriage. The coldness makes the blood vessels narrow. It also stop cell division. It causes inflammation in the uterus which makes implantation unstable.
The Way Out of Cold Uterus
- Increase consumption of food that are rich vitamin B6. Vitamin B6 helps the warming hormone (progesterone) to function well.
- Eat warm food.
- Take warm drinks and beverages.
- Reduce intake of raw vegetables.
- Take ginger, garlic, black pepper, alligator pepper, cinnamon, curry, onions, chive in food.
- Avoid iced beverages.
- Avoid staying in an air conditioned or cool place for a long time, wear socks when it is cold and at night to bed.
- Do not walk barefoot on tiled floor, instead wear a flip flop or cozy slippers.
- Before sleeping, take a warm foot bath.
- Do not sit on the floor always because sitting on the floor could allow cool to enter the body and the uterus.
- Avoid swimming especially when you are menstruating. This period, the cervix is open and cool will have direct access into the cervix.
- Exercise always – You must engage in activities that will make the uterus and the body warm.
- Use heating pad on the abdomen: It should be done for 10 minutes before going to bed.
- Use sweater or cardigan when the weather is cold.
- You can make ginger tea with lemon, it warms the uterus.
- Take enough salad vegetables like carrot, lettuce, cabbage, green pepper, green beans, spring onion, etc.
Every woman should try in her ability to prevent cool from entering the body. Infertility is not what anyone would wish to have. Just as plant cannot grow in excessive cold weather condition, the embryo cannot also grow effectively in a cold uterus.