Direct Short Service Commission (DSSC) Course 28/2024: How to Apply and Things Required
Table of Contents
The Nigerian Army has invited all eligible and interested Nigerian Citizens to apply for the Direct Short Service Commission Course (DSSC) as DSSC officers. The program is open to civilians and military personnel. However, only serving military personnel sponsored by a civil institution by many of the services provided by the Nigerian Army will be considered.
- Federal Fire Service Recruitment: See List of requirements and Categories
- Federal Government Grant and Loan for Businesses: See the link to apply
- How To Write a Grant Proposal: A Perfect Guide On How To Write a Grant Proposal
It also went on to specify the services or corps where the applicants are needed and their requirements, which are listed below.
Vacancies for the Direct Short Service Commission (DSSC) Course 28/2024
Below are the areas of vacancies and the requirements for application.
Nigerian Army Engineers
All applicants must have a minimum of BSc (Eng), HND (Lower Credit) or B Eng (Second class lower) in the following areas: Land Suyvieyor, Structural Engineering, Architecture and Building Engineering and Technology, Estate Management, Civil Engineering, GIS/Surveys.
- Most Recognized Human Resources Certificates In 2023; Top 3 Human Resources Certifications You Might Want To Pursue
- How to get the required medical certificate for NYSC Batch B stream II
These fields must registered under the Nigerian Society of Engineers and the Council of the Regulation Of Engineering in Nigeria or other Regulatory bodies.
Nigerian Army Signals
Applicants must have a minimum of BSc, B Tech, B Engr (Second class lower) Degree or HND (Lower credit) in any of the following;
Electrical/Electronic Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Cyber Security, Software development, Software Engineering, Telecommunication Engineering, Control Security Engineering, Network Design and Engineering.
Database Management Engineering, UAV Pilot, Geographic Information System Engineering, Microwave Engineering, Project Management Engineering, System Control Engineering and Satellite Communication Engineering.
Nigerian Army Intelligence Corps
Must have a minimum of BSc, B Eng, B Tech, BA (Second class lower) Degree or HND (Lower credit) in the following areas;
History, Linguistics, Peace and Conflict Analysis, Computational Linguistics, Political Science/International and Public Relations, Computer Science, Information Technology Systems, Cyber/Network Security, and Digital/Computer Forensics.
- Artificial Intelligence; 7 Pros And Cons Of Artificial Intelligence
- What are intelligence Intelligence-Determinants for Intelligence
Network Engineering, GIS/GEOINT, Data Science, Geospatial Intelligence, Arabic, French, Psychology, Local Language experts (Hausa, Igbo, Kanuri, Yoruba, Fulfulde) Data Analyst, Social Media Specialist, Digital Forensics/Forensics Analysis.
Nigerian Army Corps of Supply and Transport
As an applicant, you must possess a minimum of BSc, BA (Second class lower) Degree or HND (lower credit) in the following areas:
Petrochemical Engineering, Food and Nutrition, Dieticians, Logistics Management, Automotive Engineering, Railway Operations Management, Shipping and Supply Chain Management.
Good work experience is an added advantage.
Nigerian Army Medical Corps
Medical Consultants on Various Disciplines: These specializations include:
General Surgery, Orthopedic Surgery, Nero-Surgery, Anaesthesia, Cardiothoracic, ENT Surgery, Physicians (Cardiologists, Endocrinologists, Nephrologists, Neurologists, Endocrinologists), Ophthalmologist, Obstetrics, Pediatricians, Gynaecologists.
Must be registered and licenced under the Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria (MDCN) and practising as a specialist. Must also be a fellow of the National Postgraduate Medical College of Nigeria and its equivalent.
Must possess a Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor Of Surgery/Bachelor of Dental Surgery for medical doctors, registered in the Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria and have a current licence.
Must have a minimum of BSc (second class) or lower Degree in Pediatrics or Nephrology and must be in one of the following specializations;
Orthopaedic, Anaesthetist, and Psychiatric Nurses are registered with Nigeria’s’ Nursing and Midwifery Council.
Must possess a BSc in Nursing and be registered with Nigeria’s’ Nursing and Midwifery Council.
Pharmacists: BSc Pharmacy and must be registered with the Pharmacist Council of Nigeria
Professionals Allied to Medicine: Must have a second-class degree in the following: Speech Therapy, Environmental Health Technology, Dental Technology, Medical Laboratory Scientist, Psychologist, Occupational Therapy and Dental Therapist.
- Art Therapy: Meaning, Benefits, 4 Types, And Its Effectiveness
- Amazing Weight Loss Therapy; How To Naturally Get Rid Of Belly Fat With Lipton And Lime.
- Diet therapy -Diet Therapy for Constipation and Peptic Ulcer
Nigerian Army Ordinance Corps
Applicants must possess a minimum of BSc, B Eng, or HND (lower credit) in the following areas:
Textile Technology, Textile Design, Graphic Design, Explosives Engineering, Warehouse Management, Inventory Control and Management, Procurement and Supply Chain Management, Explosive Science and Technology, Industrial Design, Printing Technology, Inventory Management, Graphics Art and Ballistics.
Nigerian Army Electrical and Mechanical Engineers
All eligible applicants must have a minimum of BSc (Eng), B Eng (second class lower), or HND (lower credit) in the following areas:
Automotive, Electronic, Mechatronics, Systems, Weapon and Marine Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Industrial/Production Engineering, Marine Architecture, and Material Science.
These academic fields must be registered with the Nigerian Society of Engineers and the Council for the Regulation of Engineering in Nigeria (COREN).
Nigerian Army Corps of Military Police
All applicants eligible for this position must possess a minimum of LLB BL, BSc, BA (Second Class Lower) degree or HND (Lower Credit) in Forensic Science, Psychology, Veterinary Doctors or Criminology.
Nigerian Army Education Corps
To apply for this position, you must have a minimum of a BSc (Ed) or BA (Ed) Second Class Lower degree in Museology, Arts/Languages, Mathematics, Chemistry, Biology, Physics, Agricultural Science, Electronics, Computer Science/ICT, Accounting, and Economics.
Geography, Political Science, Public Administration, Museum and Archival Studies, Guidance and Counselling, Education Technology, Physical and Health Education, Education Administration/Management, Library and Information Science.
Curriculum Development/Studies, Military History/History, English Language, Hausa, French, Yoruba, Igbo, Christian Religious Studies, Islamic Religious Studies, Portuguese, Fine Art/Theatre Arts, Arabic You must show proof of registration under your respective Regulatory bodies.
Nigerian Army Finance Corps
Those who wish to apply for this position must have a minimum BA (Second class Lower) Degree or HND (lower credit) in the following fields:
Accounting, Economics, Banking and Finance, Business & Financial Management, and it is compulsory that you register with one of the following Accountancy qualifications: ICAN, ANAN, ACMA, ACCA, ACA.
Nigerian Army Band Corps
Applicants must possess a minimum BA (Second Class Lower) degree or HND Lower Credit or equivalent in Music with an Associate of Royal Academy of Music (ARAM) and Associate of Royal College of Music (ARCM), Musicologist.
Directorate Of Army Public Relations
Only applicants with a minimum of the following qualifications: Journalism, Digital Media Studies, Radio Production, Strategic Communication and Public Relations, Printing Technology, Animation and Graphic Design, Mass Communication, Public Affairs, Television Production, Social Media Communications, and Cinematography are eligible to apply.
Also, you must show proof of membership in one of the professional bodies related to media operations and journalism.
Directorate of Legal Service
Applicants must possess a minimum of LLB BL from any recognized institution and have at least two years of post-law school legal practice with evidence of the practice.
Directorate Of Army Physical Training
Applicants must possess a minimum of BSc, BA (second class degree) or HND (lower credit) in the following specializations:
Human Kinetics, Sports Law, Physiotherapy, Sports and Exercise Medicine, Physical Health Education, Sports Psychology, Human Nutrition and Dietetics, Sports Coaching (Applicants must possess a certificate from the National Institute of Sports in Athletics, Ball Games, Racket Games, Aquatics, Combat Sports and Golf).
- Boxing Game and Health: 6 Health Benefits and 7 Risks Involved in Training and Fighting
- Sports O’clock; 6 Hardest Things To Do In The World Of Sports
Directorate Of Chaplain Service (Catholic)
All applicants must possess a minimum BA (second class lower) Degree in philosophy or theology or be Ordained Catholic Priests from a Roman Catholic-approved Seminary affiliated with a National University Commission accredited university or Urbanian University, Rome.
Must also be a member of the Roman Catholic Church in good standing and be released by the Diocesan Bishop with proof of ordination and recommended by the NA Directorate of Chaplain Services (Roman Catholic).
Directorate of Chaplain Service (Protestant)
All applicants who wish to apply must possess a minimum BA (Second Class Lower) degree in Divinity Theology from any Seminaries/Universities recognized by the NA Directorate of Chaplain Services (Protestant).
Applicants must belong to one of the 18 major denominations of the protestant faith. Soldier applicants must have served the NA with at least six years of experience in Chaplaincy work and must be vetted and recommended by the NA Directorate of Chaplain Services (Protestant).
All applicants must show proof of ordination and be attested and recommended as an ordained bishop.
Directorate of Islamic Affairs
All applicants must possess a minimum of BA, B Ed (Second Class Lower) degree in the following areas:
Islamic Studies, Arabic and Islamic Studies, LLB Sharia, Islamic Theology, Qur’anicQur’anic”, Hadith Sciences, Qur’anicQur’anics”, Islamic Jurisprudence, Comparative Religious Studies from recognized Nigerian universities, Azhar University, Cairo or Saudi University.
Each applicant must produce testimony of excellent character from a reputable Islamic religious organization in Nigeria. Applicants must be able to speak Arabic and English languages.
Here is the entry requirement for those who wish to apply for the Direct Short Service Commission (DSSC) Course 28/2024.
All applicants must be:
- A Nigerian citizen, according to the Nigerian Constitution
- It must be between 20 and 30 years, and medical consultants could be between 25 and 40 years in 2024.
- According to the NA standard, you must be physically, mentally, and medically fit.
- Must be attested to and recommended of good standard by not less than two recognized referees who are either your Local Government Chairman/secretary, an Officer of the Armed Forces not below the Rank of Lieutenant Colonel and its equivalent or the Assistant Commissioner of Police and all must hail from the applicant state of origin. Photographs of the referees must be attached to the letter of attestation.
- Applicants must also provide a letter of attestation from their former institution.
- Must possess a valid Birth certificate endorsed by the National Population Commission.
- Must have never been convicted by the law
- Must possess a height of at least 1.68m (for males) and 1.65m (for females)
- You must also have a valid certificate of state of origin
- Must have a valid NYSC certificate or exemption letter
- Must have not less than a second class lower of HND (lower credit) from any accredited academic institution.
- Graduates with professional qualifications must be registered and recognized by Nigerian Laws at the beginning of the Cadet training.
- Only post-academic credentials obtained from 2014 upwards will be accepted.
- Candidates must present the original copies of certificates
- They must also not have any inscriptions or tattoos on their body whatsoever.
- Candidates wishing to apply for the DSSC course must not belong to any cult, confraternity or society.
- Must provide a valid military identity card and letters of recommendation from their commanding officer/commanders. Must also present letters of service sponsorship to tertiary academic institutions (where applicable). Additionally, they must have served for not less than five years.
- Good swimming skills are an added advantage.
Minimum age: 20
Maximum age: 40
Minimum Height: 1.65
Minimum Grade: Second class lower or Lower credit
Application Period: Starts on January 19, 2024 and ends on February 23, 2024.
Method of application
You might be wondering how I can apply for this recruitment or the steps to follow while applying. Do not worry about that. These are the steps to follow if you wish to apply.
- Go to your web browser and visit the NA webpage at recruitment.army.mil.ng. Choose DSSC from the options.
- You will be directed to a page where you will read the requirements and job criteria, and after reading them, go ahead and click the Apply Now button at the bottom of the page.
- After clicking on the button, you will be required to select if you have served or are still serving in the Armed forces of Nigeria; click on the Yes, I have, or No, I have not to confirm if you have served in the Armed forces of Nigeria or not.
- If you have an account, log in, but if you do not, sign up using your email and password. And after that, you proceed to log in.
- Fill out the form, ensuring that you provide all the required documents listed below:
- Educational Certificates
- Proof of membership with any professional body
- Certificate of Origin
- Birth certificate or age declaration
- Method of verification: NIN, BVN.
Please Note: All applicants must print out their online generated photo slip upon conclusion of an application. The registry must sign the first page in any court of law. In contrast, the second page will be signed by the local government chairman or secretary or any medical force officers with the rank of lieutenant colonel or equivalent who hail from the applicant’s state of origin.
Conditions of Service
DSSC service will be granted for a total of fifteen years with an initial of 8 years and renewable yearly for another period of 7 years; Direct Regular Commission (DRC) will be granted on conversion after three years as a commissioned staff. Other conditions for service include:
- DSSC officers shall be on Probation for the next three years of service
- Conversion to automation is not based on application by an eligible commissioned officer. Rather, it will be based on the availability of vacancies and the criteria that will be in force occasionally.
- All graduating officer cadets must sign an acceptance of the terms and conditions of the DSSC course before they are commissioned into the NA.
- The recognized service period for civilians who became commission officers is from the day of the commencement of cadet training, while for military officers is from the date of enlistment.
- Upon successful completion of training, the medical consultant shall be granted the rank of Major with seniority effective from the date of commission.
- Officer cadets who complete the military training successfully will be granted the rank of Lieutenant (except for the medical consultants, who shall be granted the rank of Major) with seniority effective from the date of commission.
- Nigerian Army Recruitment For 2023; Step By Step Application Guide
- Nigeria Airforce Secondary School; List Of Approved Nigeria Airforce Secondary School
All applications should be submitted before February 23, 2024, and for more enquiries, please call 08179269294 or 08109959294 between 8.00 am and 6.00 pm.