Does it exist? No, this disease X hypothetical pandemic does not exist or has not been discovered anywhere in the world. Still, it is a theoretical term given to a disease that may become a pandemic in the future.
- Ear Diseases: Common Causes Of Ear Infections And Preventive Measures
- Heel Diseases: Causes Of Plantar Fasciitis That You Don’t Take Seriously
- Alzheimer’s Disease; Causes, Symptoms, stages and treatment of Alzheimer’s Disease
They also warn that the unknown pathogen, which may cause Disease X, can soon constitute a global pandemic.
What is Disease X
Table of Contents
Disease X refers to an unknown disease believed to be caused by a pathogen and will threaten the world in the future; this term has been on the World Economic Forum (WEF) and World Health Organization (WHO) list of oncoming pandemics since 2018.
It was a hypothetical pandemic introduced in 2018 by the World Health Organization, and the COVID-19 pandemic stands as the first since the term was coined.
- Fatty substances and heart diseases
- Camphor: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and Precautions to Take When Using Camphor
- Tetanus: Causes, Symptoms, Prevention, Treatment and Complications Associated with Tetanus
- Boxing Game and Health: 6 Health Benefits and 7 Risks Involved in Training and Fighting
This entails that a serious international epidemic caused by an unknown pathogen may occur. So, all efforts should be put in place by national and global health bodies and individuals to ensure this disease is managed and prevented.
What are the Causes of Disease X?
There have not been any identified or known causes of this disease. Still, it is believed that since it may come from a family of large groups of viruses, the causative factor will have to be similar to that of other known epidemics.
- What is Gout Attack: Symptoms, Causes, Treatment, Risk Factors and more
- Star Apple: 13 Amazing Health Benefits of Star Apple Fruit
- Dengue Fever: causes, symptoms, treatment and prevention.
Thus, its method or mode of infection and spread will not be different from others.
How Can It Be Prevented?
The World Health Organization has urged all countries to develop an early warning system for diseases and develop and increase healthcare services and facilities to be able to deal with the unexpected surges in healthcare demands, which were the same issues that were seen in the case of COVID-19 which was why it could not be effectively managed.
- Apollo (Conjunctivitis): Best Ways to Treat it
- Sunburn: Meaning, 3 Types, Symptoms, Prevention and Treatment You Must Know
- Scent Leaf: 20 Amazing Health Benefits of Scent Leaf
Doing this can help prevent such reoccurrence when Disease X strikes.
How Can Disease X Hypothetical Pendamic be Stopped?
The ordeal that most countries went through during the COVID-19 pandemic has given enough insight into how one can stop the reoccurrence of related diseases.
- Benefits of Bitter Leaf; See the 18 Incredible Health Benefits of Bitter Leaf
- Coconut Water; Check Out The 6 Incredible Health Benefits of Coconut Water
- Anti-ageing Supplements: Check out The 7 Vital Anti-ageing Supplements Now
- Vitamin K Meaning: 6 Examples Of Foods That Contain Vitamin K
The introduction and development of vaccines were sped up during COVID-19, and these vaccines can be modified and reused to stop the outbreak of these yet unknown.