Job Vacancy In Abuja – Supply Chain Management Job At Jhpiego
Table of Contents
Jhpiego, a subsidiary of Johns Hopkins University, is a renowned worldwide frontrunner in enhancing healthcare services for women and their families.
We are currently seeking qualified candidates to occupy the following position:
Pharmacy and Supply Chain Optimizer
- The Pharmacy and Supply Chain team will organise and execute the distribution of top-notch pharmaceutical care, pharmacovigilance, and DMOC services. They will also ensure the establishment of an effective health commodity logistics system that meets the standards set by the Federal Government of Nigeria and donor requirements.
- Responsible for providing technical support to enhance pharmacy systems and improve pharmacists’ skills in pharmacy best practices and quality pharmaceutical care. This includes focus areas such as PMTCT, ART, TB care, and reproductive health. Additionally, responsible for ensuring effective drug inventory management across supported sites.
- Responsible for developing coordinated systems to transport health commodities and reporting and forecasting delivery times. Conducting performance analysis to reduce stock-outs, minimize wastage, and lower costs.
- Responsible for offering technical assistance to supported sites in the requisition, reporting, and ordering of health commodities. Also, responsible for tracking re-supply activities.
- Responsible for implementing, monitoring, and ensuring service quality governance at the state level for CPARP, CARC, and other DSD models. Additionally, responsible for reporting on these initiatives.
- Responsible for developing, maintaining, and improving a logistics management information system and an electronic inventory control system. These systems will be used for stocking and tracking commodities.
- Responsible for generating LMDs (Logistics Management Documents), tracking order status, analyzing stock status, and conducting post-gap analysis for all supported sites.
- Collaborate with the State LMCU (Logistics Management Coordination Unit) to promote and oversee an integrated approach to supply chain management of health commodities.
- Coordinate the pharmaceutical care and pharmacovigilance aspects of the HIV care and treatment program.
- Responsible for overseeing the project’s outgoing or incoming distribution activities of health commodities. Ensure efficient shipment, distribution, and receipt of supplies. Conduct required inventory checks and reconcile any discrepancies.
- Responsible for conducting periodic training sessions for pharmacy, medical, nursing, and other staff across supported sites.
- Perform any other assigned duties.
- The preferred qualification for this position is a Bachelor’s Degree in Public Health, Pharmacy, or a related Health, Medical, or Social Sciences discipline. Equivalent experience will also be considered. Having a Master’s-level Degree is preferred.
- The candidate should possess at least two years of experience, with a preference for experience in management, operational activities, and technical expertise specifically related to implementing HIV programs.
- The candidate should have demonstrated experience working with USAID/PEPFAR programs and a strong understanding of USAID reporting requirements.
Knowledge, Skill and Abilities:
- Proficient in overseeing Supply Chain processes and managing the flow of information.
- Previous work experience in logistics, preferably within an NGO environment.
- Self-motivated and capable of working independently without constant supervision.
- Familiarity with geography and its implications concerning the job requirements.
- Effective communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Skilled in problem-solving and possesses a quick learning ability with a practical and precise approach.
- Capable of leading and coordinating teams effectively.
- Competent in planning tasks and activities.
- Proficiency in using spreadsheets and databases.
- Strong writing skills.
- Demonstrates the ability to remain calm and make quick decisions under pressure.
- Exhibits respect, accountability, and honesty in all professional interactions.
Our company provides attractive remuneration and an inclusive package of employee perks.
- Applicants are required to submit a single document that includes a cover letter, resume, and references for upload.
- The candidate chosen for this position will undergo a background investigation as part of the pre-employment process.
- Jhpiego is an employer that practices Affirmative Action and provides equal opportunities to all individuals.
- Jhpiego, an affiliate of Johns Hopkins University, is an equal-opportunity employer. They do not discriminate based on gender, marital status, pregnancy, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Occupationally irrelevant criteria are also not considered.
- Jhpiego actively promotes Affirmative Action for minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and veterans.
|10th July 2023|
|Supply Chain/ Store|