Latest WhatsApp New Feature For Users – How To Link Your WhatsApp Account To Multiple Phones
In our modern world of rapid technological progress, almost every application introduces new features and updates regularly, and WhatsApp is no exception. As one of the most widely used apps, it has gained immense popularity worldwide. However, as the saying goes, “pride comes before a fall.”
Previously, WhatsApp users had expressed dissatisfaction with their inability to share their accounts on multiple devices, but this issue has now been resolved.
On Tuesday, WhatsApp, the messaging app owned by Meta, announced a new feature that has long been in high demand by users. This feature enables users to access the same WhatsApp account on multiple devices.
The company stated in a news release that users can now link their phone with up to four additional devices, just like when they link with WhatsApp on web browsers, tablets, and desktops.
This new feature will allow users to easily switch between phones and resume their chats where they left off without having to log out of their account.
The company emphasized that all personal messages, media, and calls are still end-to-end encrypted. If the primary device remains inactive for a long time, the app will log out of all companion devices automatically.
WhatsApp is promoting this new feature to small business owners who may have multiple employees using a business account.
According to the company, additional employees can now respond to customers directly from their phones under the same WhatsApp Business account
How To Link Your WhatsApp Account To Multiple Phones
Do the following wen you want to start using the new Whatsapp feature:
- To link your account to additional phones, you’ll need to download the app on the companion phone.
- When you open the app for the first time, it’ll prompt you to link it to an existing account.
- You’ll then have to open WhatsApp on the primary phone and go to settings to link the device.
- The app will ask you to unlock your primary device using biometric authentication or the pin you use to unlock your phone.
- If you are an Android smartphone user, download or update fo ..
- Finally, you will be required to use your primary phone to scan the QR code of the companion phone. You can find detailed instructions for both Android and iPhone in this link.