MEXT Scholarship 2023 (Fully Funded) Application Process – How To Apply For MEXT Scholarship
Read this if you want to receive financial aid to study in Japan since this post will describe the MEXT scholarship 2023, its advantages, and the detailed application process.
A fully funded scholarship for international students is the MEXT Scholarship 2023–2024. For undergraduate, master’s, PhD, and training studies, this scholarship is available. The MEXT scholarship will pay for your tuition, housing, monthly living expenses, and round-trip air travel from your country to Japan.
Under the Japanese Government (MEXT) Scholarships Program, Japan’s Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology (MEXT) provides financial aid to foreign students pursuing undergraduate or graduate-level research degrees at Japanese universities.
Application information for the MEXT Japanese Government Scholarships is typically released in April. IELTS/TOEFL and Japanese language proficiency are not prerequisites for this scholarship.
This is the scholarship that the Mext embassy suggests. You will submit your application via the Japanese embassy there.
MEXT Scholarship Summary
- Level of Study: Undergraduate / Masters / PhD / Training
- Institution(s): Japanese Universities
- Study in: Japan
- Courses Offered: All types of courses are offered in all Japanese Universities, from Social Science to Engineering, Medical to Health, Arts, Humanities, etc. There are No Academic Fields Restrictions.
- Program Period: Undergraduate: 4-5 Years, Masters: 2-3 Years, PhD: 3-4 Years
- MEXT Scholarship Deadline: Varies from Embassy to Embassy
MEXT Scholarship Coverage
A fully funded scholarship for international students to study in Japan is available through the MEXT Scholarship 2023. The following advantages will be given to the recipient of this scholarship:
- Allowances: Monthly Stipend Allowance, Preparatory Allowance (2023 Rate)
- Education Fees: Fees for the Entrance Examination and Tuition Fees at Universities will be paid by MEXT.
- Travelling Expenses: Travel to Japan: MEXT will pay for round-trip airfare from your country to Japan. For the flight, the airline ticket will be an Economy-class ticket.
- Accommodations: Residence halls for international students provided by universities.
Eligibility Criteria For MEXT Scholarship 2023
To qualify for MEXT Scholarship, the candidate must fulfil all of the following requirements below:
- Required Language: English
- Eligible Countries: All world countries
- Applicants must have the nationality of a country with diplomatic relations with Japan.
- An applicant with Japanese nationality at the time of application is not eligible.
- For Undergraduate Students: You must be at least 17 years old, under 25, and have completed 12 years of formal education or courses equivalent to a high school (including prospective graduates).
- For Masters / PhD Students: You must be under 35 years of age and a college graduate (including prospective graduates). Or you must have completed 16 years / 18 years of education.
- For Teacher training students: You must be a recent college or teacher preparation college graduate under 35 years old. You must have at least five years of teaching experience in your nation’s elementary, secondary, or teacher-training institutions.
- For Japanese Study Students: Candidates must be between the ages of 18 and 30. When applicants arrive in Japan from universities outside Japan, they must be enrolled as undergraduate students in faculties or schools specialising in the Japanese language or culture. They must be enrolled in their home institutions when they depart for Japan.
How To Apply For MEXT Scholarship 2023?
Please follow the following application instructions to apply for MEXT Scholarship:
- Find the Japanese Embassy or Consulate of your country from here.
- Visit the website of the Japanese Embassy of your country. Under the Education / Scholarship tab, you will find the MEXT scholarship.
- Download the MEXT scholarship application form and fill it out.
- Submit the required documents (listed below) to your country’s Japanese Embassy.
- The Japanese Embassy will conduct a written test. Find Sample Written Test with Answers Here.
- After that, interviews with the candidates will be conducted.
- The successful candidates will be informed through email or the embassy website.
Documents Required For MEXT Scholarship 2023
1. MEXT Scholarship Application form
2. The highest degree is verified with official stamps.
- Bachelors program applicants: 12 Years of Education
- Master’s program applicants: Bachelor’s degree
- PhD program applicants: Master’s degree
Note: If the degree is not in English, a notarized copy of a translation in English is required.
3. The highest degree Transcript verified with official stamps. (Including Grading system)
- Bachelors program applicants: 12 Years of Education
- Master’s program applicants: Bachelor’s degree Transcripts
- PhD program applicants: Master’s degree Transcripts
Note: If the diploma is not in English, a notarized copy of a translation in English or is
4. Two recommendation letters: The letters of recommendation must be written in either English or Spanish by the applicant’s professors, advisors, or employers (who can assess your academic performance and research potential). (For students doing research)
5. Passport Scan (if available at the time of application)
6. Curriculum Vitae (CV) (for research students)
8. Study plan / Statement of purpose. The study schedule is written entirely in English. The applicant’s motivation, educational and research background, and intended APU studies must all be covered in the basic information. (For pupils conducting research)
9. English Language Proficiency Document: The language test is waived for students whose language institute was conducted in English. They may instead submit an English Proficiency Certificate from their home university.
10. Academic thesis or relevant publications (for research students)
11. Other reference documents (if applicable)
For More Enquires