Another way to access all internet services without running out of data is by using the MTN XtraByte service.
You may wonder how I can borrow data on MTN now that I have run out of data and have not recharged yet. Or are you searching for the best way to borrow data on MTN and pay it back on your next recharge? If that is the case, then your problem is solved because that is what we have extensively discussed here.
Read on to learn more about the MTN XtraByte service, what it is for and how it can help you enjoy a better experience as an MTN subscriber.
What is MTN XtraByte?
Table of Contents
MTN XtraByte is a service that allows eligible customers to borrow data on credit when they have run out of data and pay it back on their next recharge. It is a service available only for prepaid customers eligible for the Service.
- MTN Yafun Yafun Tariff Plan: How to Migrate and the Benefits of this Tariff Plan
- MTN TruTalk Tariff Plan: Learn the 5 Ways to Migrate to it Today
- How to migrate to the BetaTalk Tariff plan on MTN
What are the criteria for using the Service?
Here are the Criteria to be eligible for the Service:
- You must be a prepaid customer
- You must have registered your phone number
- have been using the MTN network for more than three months
- have been recharging a minimum of N200 for three months
- You must have between N0 and N75 in your main account
- Must have no outstanding Xtratime loan request (make sure you have paid them off)
You must meet these criteria to be eligible for the Service.
- How to Link Your NIN to Your MTN Mobile Phone Number: 4 Easy Steps to Follow
- How to Check MTN Data Balance: 5 easy ways
- How to Check Your Number on MTN: No. 1 is the Easiest
How can I Check if I am eligible for the Service?
You can check if you are eligible for the Service through three methods: dialling a USSD code, sending an SMS to 303 and dialling 303; here are the steps for each technique.
Check your Eligibility for the Service through the USSD code
To check your Eligibility by dialling a USSD code, follow the instructions below:
- Dial *303#
- Choose “My Account” from the options provided and send
- Select option one and send it to check your Eligibility for the Service.
- Uniform Codes For All Networks: NCC Approves Same USSD Codes For All Networks
- USSD and Transfer Codes For all Banks: A guide to easy Banking
- Check BVN with these two simple steps -Mobile phone USSD code is best
Check your Eligibility through SMS.
To check your Eligibility through SMS, you must send “STATUS” to 303.
- MTN Tariff Plan: Migrate to the MTN Pulse Tariff Plan with these 4 Easy Steps
- How To Subscribe To MTN 1.5gb For N300 Valid For 7 Days: Use The Code
- How to Check if your National Identification Number (NIN) was successfully linked to your SIM (For All Networks)
- How to Retrieve your National Identification Number (NIN) with Your Mobile Phone: the sure way
Check your Eligibility by dialling the Number.
To check your Eligibility by dialling the Number, dial 303 on your mobile phone and follow your voice instructions.
How can I Borrow airtime or data with the Service?
This task is very simple: borrowing airtime or data using the MTN XtraByte. Here are the things or steps to follow:
- Dial *303#
- Select “XtraByte”
- You will see a list of data bundles you can borrow. Select your preferred data bundle.
- You will receive a message with the amount and the service fee that will apply if you borrow your preferred data plan for you to confirm.
- After you confirm the transaction, you will receive a message letting you know that it has been credited to your XtraByte account and debited to your main account.
You can also borrow it via 303 IVR
- Dial 303
- The system will play an announcement for you to select your preferred language (English, Igbo, Hausa or Yoruba)
- After selecting your preferred language, also move on to choose Xtrabyte from the option given to you.
- The system will then play all the data plans you can borrow and select your preferred data plan to continue.
- You will be notified concerning the data plans you applied for and the service fee paid if you borrowed successfully.
- Confirm it and proceed.
- You will be notified that it was successful and debited into your account.
Is it available for all MTN customers?
The Service is only available for all customers; only prepaid customers can and are eligible for this Service. So, if you want to enjoy the Service, you have to be a prepaid customer.
You can also Read:
- How to Link Your NIN to Your 9mobile Phone Number
- How to Link Your NIN to Your Airtel Mobile Phone Number
- How to Link Your NIN to Your Glo Mobile Phone Number: 4 Simple Methods
- 9mobile Data Code That Works This Year
- How to Get JAMB Profile Code: A Step-by-Step Guide
You can now enjoy extra data using these XtraByte Services, pay it back in your next recharge, and have an uninterrupted online service and internet connection.