New Job Alert – Security Technology Architect At Interswitch Group
Table of Contents
Interswitch is a company that focuses on digital payments and commerce in Africa. They enable the electronic transfer of money and the exchange of value between individuals and organizations promptly.
Initially, it started in 2002 as a transaction switching and electronic payments processing company but has since grown to become an integrated payment services company. They now build and manage payment infrastructure and offer innovative payment products and services across Africa.
Interswitch provides exciting career opportunities for individuals who can contribute and add value in a dynamic and enjoyable work environment. They are currently hiring for a specific position.
Technology Architect – Security
- The role of the Security Architect entails creating, implementing, evaluating, and testing security systems within an organization’s IT network.
- The Security Architect must possess a deep understanding of intricate IT systems and maintain up-to-date knowledge of the most recent security standards, systems, authentication protocols, and best practices in security products.
Strategy & Planning:
- Evaluate internal functions, business development strategies, and IT processes, and propose enhancements.
- Develop security architecture models aligned with the organization’s strategies and goals, and execute business visions and objectives.
- Recommend cost-saving ideas for IT and business leadership.
- Guide business architecture and systems processing.
- Ensure the efficiency, security, and support of the organization’s goals.
- Create methods for compliance architecture, including data storage, metadata management, and change control.
- Determine and implement build versus buy strategies, mentor personnel, and align with the overall business strategy.
- Support all architectural disciplines and advocate for architectural initiatives.
- Assess existing business processes and establish metrics to improve them while also supporting all architectural disciplines within their purview.
- Work on highly complex projects that require expertise in multiple specialized architecture domains.
- Align architecture strategy with business objectives.
- Define, articulate, and promote technology strategy.
- Develop and communicate architectural policies, standards, guidelines, and procedures.
- Design and implement short- and long-term strategic plans to ensure Interswitch’s infrastructure capacity meets current and future requirements for employee usage and application hosting.
- Ensure the technical solutions’ conceptual completeness.
- Define objectives, technical tasks, and timelines for developing asset-management security architectures, roadmaps, and requirements.
- Communicate progress and findings, ensuring successful handoff of deliverables to program and operational teams.
- Develop security architectures, roadmaps, and requirements tailored to asset-management-specific security systems.
- Participate in network and security forums, offering thought leadership.
- Create automation capabilities to streamline business processes.
- Guide the implementation of security into infrastructure and architecture designs with the operations team.
- Develop and implement enterprise-wide and cross-functional integration solutions.
- Plann, design, develop, and maintain security technologies, diagrams, processes, and procedures.
- Review enterprise architecture diagrams and suggest security-related enhancements.
- Model attack vectors and design security controls to mitigate risks.
- Define security requirements and checklists for IoT platforms.
- Devise innovation strategies and associated planning/implementation artefacts.
- Stay informed about current and emerging technologies, products, and trends related to security architectural solutions.
- Perform vulnerability research, assessments, and management, providing technical security/risk advice on all new technologies developed by the Client.
- Conduct research related to cybersecurity.
Formal Education & Certification:
A degree in Computer Science or a related STEM field, as well as certifications such as Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) and Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), are necessary qualifications for the Security Architect role.
Knowledge & Experience:
- Minimum of 5 years of combined IT and business/industry experience, covering architecture design, information security, deployment, systems lifecycle management, and infrastructure security and operations.
- Extensive information security and IT risk management background, focusing on security, performance, and reliability.
- Thorough understanding of security protocols, cryptography, authentication, authorization, and overall security principles.
- Strong knowledge of current IT risks and hands-on experience implementing security solutions.
- Proven track record of implementing multi-factor authentication, single sign-on, identity management, or related technologies.
- Ability to effectively communicate with diverse personnel, explaining and enforcing security measures.
Application Closing Date
Method Of Application
Candidates who are interested and qualified should: