Plantain Frittata could be substituted for pizza, yes, pizza. It is way cheaper to make and could be really addictive, judging from the delicacy’s physiques. And oh! You do not have to own an oven, a non-stick pan, a cast iron skillet and all the goodness of a kitchen.
I constructively made Plantain Frittata with my 7kg gas cylinder, burner, and a pot that is a quarter to death. Yet it turned out delicious; you should get to work after reading this.
The Plantain Frittata is a delectable breakfast dish made by baking eggs and plantains together. It is a simple yet flavorful variation of the classic fried plantains and eggs.
This dish is one of our preferred options for a laid-back breakfast and is ideal for a relaxing morning. Plus, it is effortless to prepare and doesn’t require any strenuous effort.
The Frittata is an Italian dish that includes eggs, similar to an omelette or crustless quiche, that typically incorporates extra ingredients such as meats and vegetables. The Plantain Frittata is a version of this dish that includes plantains and eggs cooked together with vegetables and meats in a baking dish or slowly on the stove as a casserole.
You’re going to love this recipe, and it may soon become your go-to favourite.
- 2 ripe firm plantains
- 6 Eggs
- Finely chopped Onions
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil
- Fresh Tomatoes (diced)
- Carrots (optional)
- Hot dogs (optional)
- Bell peppers (very necessary)
- Salt and a seasoning cube to taste
- Chopped scallions or parsley for garnish (Optional)
- To begin, clean and remove the outer layer of the plantains. To do this, cut the edges of the plantains and create a shallow cut along the middle from one end to the other. Then, peel the skin gently to uncover the plantain.
- Slice and fry the plantains, remove them from the heat and set them aside. You can decide to cut your plantain in a diagonal or round form.
- Cook the onions, vegetables, and sausages in a pan, then allow them to cool and set them aside.
- Gently apply a thin layer of oil to a cast iron frying pan, whisk the eggs, and combine them with the previously cooked and cooled sautéed vegetables and sausages.
- Transfer the egg mixture to the greased skillet, add a layer of fried plantains on top, and bake in an oven preheated for 25 minutes or until the centre is firm.
Note: As previously stated, Plantain Frittata can be prepared using an oven, stovetop, or gas cooker. If using an oven, preheat it to 350°F / 180°C before baking. Cover the frying pan with a lid and cook on medium-low heat until the centre becomes firm if using a stove or gas cooker.
Serving And Storage Of Plantain Frittata
You can pair your Plantain Frittata with either hot chocolate or juices. Our preferred juice options to complement the dish include Orange juice, Watermelon juice, Pineapple juice, Pineapple coconut juice, and Mango juice.
After cooking, Plantain Frittata can be kept in the refrigerator for up to three days. It is important to allow it to cool down before storing it in an airtight container. It is not advisable to freeze this recipe.
When reheating, transfer the frittata to a microwave-safe bowl and heat at intervals of 30 seconds until it is warmed through. Alternatively, you can use an air fryer at 350°F / 180°C for 3-5 minutes to reheat the frittata until it is heated.
I hope you either had a pleasant experience trying out this recipe or gained useful insights from reading this post.
This recipe for plantain frittata is a fantastic way to elevate your breakfast experience. It will revolutionize the way you enjoy plantains and eggs. The dish is a delicious mixture of vegetables and sausages that provide a satisfying and flavorful meal. You can cook it in the oven for 25 minutes or on the stovetop for up to 30 minutes.
Here’s also a guide video on YouTube.