Programming Languages -Best Programming Languages to learn in 2021
Programming languages are sets of codes that are used to instruct a computer on what to do or it is a formal language comprising a set of instructions that produce various kinds of output.
There are numerous programming languages as at the time of writing this article but we would list the most sought after ones also before you continue reading this post, ensure that you read our article on platforms where one can learn programming languages as we clearly outlined all the sites where newbies can learn any programming language for free.
Before we proceed, it is important to note that there are two (2) main elements of a programming language namely Syntax and Semantics.
A Syntax according to Wikipedia describes the possible combination of symbols that form a syntactically correct program. When you are learning any programming language, the first thing you would learn is syntax while semantics refers to the meaning of languages.
TOP 8 PROGRAMMING LANGUAGES YOU SHOULD LEARN IN 2021
Like we stated in the paragraph above, there are numerous programming languages in the world but we would outline the ones that you should consider learning below:
- Python: Python is a high-level and general-purpose language that was designed in the year 1991 by Guido Van Rossum. Python can be used to perform the following:
- Web development(Back end or client-side)
- Software development especially games
- System scripting
Before one can learn Python, there are important things to learn such as functions and arrays in pythons and they all fall under the syntax so they would be under your syllabus.
- 4. PHP: PHP is a server scripting programming language that was created in the year 1995 and it is well suited for web development. PHP is mostly used in creating forms for websites such as sign-up forms, contact forms, and other forms that a website can use. The name PHP initially meant Personal Home Page but as of today, it means Hypertext Preprocessor.
- C: C is a general-purpose, procedural programming language that was designed by Dennis Ritchie in the year 1972. C is used to design software like operating systems and data compilers. In terms of the popularity of programming languages, C ranks number one in the whole world.
- Ruby On Rails: Ruby is a high-level or general-purpose programming language that was created by Yukihiro “Matz” Matsumoto in Japan. Ruby runs on a lot of platforms and this shows or proves its flexibility. Ruby can be used in the creation of web applications, web servers, database work backup, and parsing. Ruby is an open software and can be downloaded from Ruby’s website ruby-lang.org.
- 7. Kotlin: Kotlin is general-purpose software that was developed in the year 2011 and this makes it one of the latest programming languages. Kotlin is a cross-platform, statistically typed, or general-purpose programming language with type inference.
- Swift: Swift is open-source software that was released in the year 2014 by Apple and it was developed as an alternative for the earlier programming langue Objective-C as it lacked modern-day features. Swift was designed by five (5) developers in collaboration with Apple Inc.
There are other programming languages that one can learn. Also, another type of programming language not mentioned in this article are frameworks and some of them include bootstrap and saas which are CSS frameworks.
Node.js and Angular.js are other programming languages we failed to mention in this article so ensure that you do more research on them before you decide to go into the full-time.