Scholarship For African Entrepreneurs – Ecobank Fintech Challenge 2023
Table of Contents
The Ecobank Fintech Challenge is a competition and business collaboration opportunity offered by Ecobank, available throughout Africa. It aims to inspire, support and partner with African Fintechs to expand the scope of innovative Fintech and banking products.
The challenge selects and collaborates with Fintechs prepared to expand and offers them assistance and access to opportunities in Ecobank’s 35 African markets. The aim is to support their development as possible Pan African Fintech success stories.
The Ecobank Group is a comprehensive banking institution in Middle Africa and offers various banking services.
These services include wholesale, retail, investment, and transactional banking, and they cater to a wide range of clients, including individuals, small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs), local corporates, multinationals, governments, and financial institutions.
Ecobank Fintech Challenge
|Country to study||–|
|School to study||–|
|Course to study||Not specified|
|Application Deadline||July 21, 2023|
Aim And Benefits Of The Challenge
If you make it to the final round, you can become an Ecobank Fintech Fellow and have the opportunity to explore the following benefits:
- This a unique chance to collaborate with Ecobank and potentially introduce products in more than 30 African markets that Ecobank operates in, representing a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.
- The top three winners of the Challenge will receive cash prizes of $15,000, $12,000, and $10,000, respectively.
- Ecobank may choose start-ups to become local country-level partners in any of the 33 countries within Ecobank’s ecosystem.
- Fellows will be provided with a dedicated team to assist Ecobank in testing their APIs, aiming to enhance their products for the pan-African market.
- Founders will be recognized as Ecobank Fintech Fellows, gaining access to a wide network of global and African Accelerators, potential Investors, and mentors.
- The Challenge presents opportunities for Fintech companies to potentially integrate their offerings with Ecobank’s existing digital services, such as Ecobank Omni, Ecobank electronic financial supply chain (eFSC), Ecobank Xpress, Ecobank Mobile APP or USSD, MasterPass™ QR, mVISA™ & mCash, among others.
Requirements Challenge Qualification
- Fintech companies offering products focused on Africa or relevant to Africa can apply for the fintech challenge.
- These products should tackle one or more specific pain points, which include:
- Enhancing customer experience
- Promoting financial inclusion
- Improving credit scoring
- Facilitating ecosystem aggregation
- Developing internal tools
- Advancing payment solutions
- Addressing any other relevant product categories.
July 21, 2023
How To Apply
If you’re interested and meet the requirements, you can apply for the Ecobank Fintech Challenge on the platform.younoodle.com website.