The Bonn International Graduate School for Development Research (BIGS-DR) is the doctoral program offered at ZEF. It is one of several international graduate programs available at the University of Bonn, all of which uphold the highest academic standards.
There are two options for funding one’s studies at BIGS-DR. The first is through the internal scholarship provided by BIGS-DR itself. This scholarship is made possible through the Development-Related Postgraduate Course program (EPOS) offered by the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD).
Interested applicants for the internal scholarship must submit their applications by August 31st each year.
Applicants who hold citizenship from a developing country or emerging economy can apply directly to ZEF for a DAAD EPOS scholarship. This scholarship is specifically designated for individuals from these countries.
About The University Of Bonn
We are proud to be among the eleven prestigious German Universities of Excellence. Our university stands out with six Clusters of Excellence, and we have produced more Nobel Prize winners and Fields Medalists in recent decades than any other German university.
Throughout its 200-year history, our university has been shaped by exceptional individuals from diverse academic fields. Our programs are known for their research-oriented approach, and our location in Bonn, a city with international significance as the home of the United Nations, adds to our global appeal.
Situated in the vibrant Rhineland, we are part of a dynamic scientific community. With a student body of approximately 35,000, 6,000 doctoral candidates, 550 professors, and 6,000 employees, we are one of Germany’s largest and most renowned research universities.
BIGS-DR Doctoral Scholarship Program
|Organisation||University of Bonn|
|Country to study||Germany|
|School to study||–|
|Course to study||Not specified|
|Application Deadline||August 31, 2023|
Aim And Benefits Of The Program
The scholarship covers all expenses for the 24-month course, including a monthly allowance, living costs, study fees, health insurance, travel costs, and German language courses.
Requirements For Program Qualification
- To be eligible for this DAAD scholarship, it is necessary to have a minimum of two years of applicable work experience.
- This DAAD scholarship is exclusively open to individuals who have either not resided in Germany before or have been living in Germany for less than 15 months at the time of application.
- Choose the option “Scholarship for a postgraduate course with a focus on developing countries” when completing the DAAD form.
- Kindly send one copy of the DAAD scholarship form and one copy of the BIGS-DR application form to BIGS-DR. There is no need to send extra copies to DAAD.
August 31, 2023
How To Apply
- You must complete a DAAD application form to apply for a DAAD scholarship. This form can be obtained from various sources such as the DAAD website, German embassies, or DAAD offices worldwide.
- Kindly refer to the provided instructions and the list of necessary application documents.
For more details, visit the University Of Bonn website.