Scholarship For Early Career Students – Falling Walls Lab Cape Town Contest
Table of Contents
Imagine presenting your innovative idea in just three minutes, highlighting a groundbreaking breakthrough that will positively impact both science and society. Let us know which barrier your research will shatter and which wall you are determined to break through.
About Falling Walls Lab
The 2022 international Lab season is now underway! Students and early-career professionals from various fields are encouraged to present their creative concepts within a concise three-minute pitch, demonstrating a groundbreaking advancement that will benefit the scientific community and society as a whole.
Falling Walls Lab Cape Town
|Organisation||Falling Walls Lab|
|Country to study||South Africa|
|School to study||–|
|Course to study||Not specified|
|Application Deadline||August 9, 2023|
Aim And Benefits Of The Contest
1st prize: The first prize is a sum of R 15,000, along with the chance to showcase your idea to a highly esteemed global audience at the Falling Walls Science Summit in Berlin, Germany.
2nd prize: The second-place prize is a total of R 12,000.
3rd prize: The prize for third place is R 10,000.
Requirements For Contest Qualification
Individuals pursuing education and those in the early stages of their professional careers, regardless of their field of study or expertise.
When submitting your application, you must be at least 18 years old. To meet the eligibility criteria, you need to satisfy at least one of the following conditions:
- You are currently enrolled in a university.
- You are currently serving as a postdoctoral researcher.
- You obtained a Bachelor’s degree within the last 10 years.
- You obtained a Master’s degree within the last 7 years.
- You obtained a PhD within the last 5 years.
Please note that an MD (medical degree without a doctoral dissertation) is considered equivalent to a Master’s degree. In contrast, a Dr. Med. (medical degree with a doctoral dissertation) is considered equivalent to a PhD. The program recognizes the diversity of academic degrees worldwide.
August 9, 2023
How To Apply
If you are both interested and meet the required qualifications, you can apply by visiting the Falling Walls Lab website at falling-walls.com.
- It is necessary to submit your applications in the English language.
- You are not allowed to submit multiple applications.
- Unless otherwise specified by the local organizers, international Falling Walls Labs do not provide coverage for travel and accommodation expenses.
- This opportunity can only be availed once in a lifetime, and individuals who have previously participated are no longer eligible to apply.
- There is no requirement to purchase a ticket when applying to an international Falling Walls Lab.
For more details, visit the Falling Walls Lab website.