VIDEO EDITING SOFTWARES -TOP FREE VIDEO EDITING SOFTWARE FOR PC
Video Editing is becoming very common because lots of people are beginning to use video ads a lot especially on platforms like YouTube where the advertisements are majorly video ads.
Video editing is the manipulation and arrangement of video shots and video editing is considered to be part of post-production because it is done after the production of the video.
Video editing software’s are software’s that allow you to edit videos and one can also add special effect during the video. Finally, Video editing software’s are most common on pcs and the following are types of editing:
- Linear video editing
- Non-linear video editing systems
- Offline editing
- Online Editing
- Cloud-based editing
- Vision mixing
When editing a video, a lot of things have to be considered to have a perfectly edited video and some of them include the background, special effects, and sound recording so ensure that you master some of these skills before you proceed to download any of the software’s outlined or mentioned in this article.
TOP FIVE(5) FREE VIDEO EDITING SOFTWARE FOR PC
- Blender: Blender is a free and open software that is majorly used for 3D graphics and it supports the entirety of the 3D pipeline-modelling, rigging, animation, simulation, rendering, compositing, and motion tracking, even video editing, and game creation.
Blender is supported on platforms like Windows, and Linux and it has a built-in sequence video editor which allows the user to perform basic actions like video cuts, splicing, video masking, and grading. The features of the blender video editor are:
- Live preview, luna waveform, chroma vectorscope, and histogram displays
- Audio mixing, syncing, scrubbing, and waveform visualization.
- Up to 32 slots for adding video, images, audio, scenes, masks, and effects
- Speed control, adjustment layers, transitions, keyframes, filters, and more
Blender can be downloaded for free from the official website www.blender.org/download.
- 2. LightWorks: Lightworks is a non-linear editing software developed by LWKS software limited and released in the year 1989. Light works is supported on three platforms namely Windows, Mac-Os, and Linux while the free version comes with the following features outlined below:
- Realtime effects
- Advanced Multicam editing
- Second monitor output
- Ability to import a wide range of file types
- Export to Vimeo up to 720p HD
- Export to Youtube up to 720p HD
The latest version of lightwork comes with a lot of features and some are universal projects and simple and intuitive user interfaces.
- 3. Videopad Video Editor: Videopad editor is a video editing software developed by NCH software in the year 2008 on December 16th to be precise. Videopad integrates Wavepad a sound editing software, Mixpad, a sound mixing program, and photopad, an image editing software. Videopad was written in C++ and it can be operated on four different operating systems namely Windows, Mac Os, Android, and IOS operating system respectively. The ability of Videopad editor to work on android OS makes it unique from other video editing softwares.
- Davinci Resolve Video Editor: Davinci resolve video editor is a colour correction and non-linear editing software that was originally developed by DaVinci systems from 2004-2009 but the development was taken over by Black magic design from 2009 till date. Davinci resolve editor is available in seven (7) different languages including English and it can be operated on pcs with the following operating systems: macOS, Windows, Linux. Some of the features of Davinci resolve video editor are video editing, colour correction, audio mixing effects, and visuals effects. Some of the formats of Davinci resolve video editor are AVI, Mp4, QuickTime, DNxHD, and XAVC. Davinci resolve editor can be downloaded from their official website www.blackmagicdesign.com.
- Windows Movie Maker: Windows Moviemaker is a video editing platform that was developed by Microsoft and released in the year 2000 and this makes it one of the oldest Video editors in the world. Windows Movie Maker is a freeware software available in 64 languages and operates only on Windows version 7 or higher. Windows movie maker supports a large variety of titles, effects, and transitions, and the stable release version was released in 2012 and 2014.
Finally, we did not mention the Adobe premiere effect and this is due to the fact that it is not free but in terms of video editing, it is the best and if possible, you can get the crack version from someone at a cheaper rate compared to the rate of Adobe itself.
Before downloading any of the software’s outlined or mentioned above, ensure that you check the requirements and make sure that your system meets it if not you might end up wasting your data to download a file that would not work on your system.