The Federal Government Creates Job Opportunities for Medical and Other Volunteer Missions Abroad
Table of Contents
Through the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, the Federal Government has informed citizens to apply for the Technical Aids Corps (TAC) recruitment exercise for medical and other volunteer missions abroad for 2024.
As part of the TAC scheme aimed to aid other countries and also establish the presence of Nigerian Diplomats residents in those countries where there are no resident Nigerian diplomats.
- Federal Fire Service Recruitment: See List of requirements and Categories
- Steps to Apply for the Federal Government Free Digital Training on 12 Tech Skills
- Federal Government Grant and Loan for Businesses: See the link to apply
Qualified candidates are to offer services such as lecturing, medical, technical and artisanal services across different organizations, and institutions in Africa, the Caribbean and the Pacific countries.
As a way of sharing Nigeria’s technical ability and expertise with other countries, the federal government aims to establish cooperation between Nigeria and its beneficial countries. Medical doctors, lecturers and other diplomats who wish to volunteer for the mission are asked to apply for the initiative.
Here are the criteria set by the federal government for eligibility to apply for medical and other volunteer missions abroad.
Necessary criteria set for Applicants for Medical and other Volunteer Missions Abroad
However, there are specific criteria that you have to meet in order to be eligible to apply for medical and other volunteer missions abroad and they include:
The criteria are as follows
- Candidates must have a Master of Education or Bachelor of Education
- Degree and PhD holders in Medical, Engineering and artisan disciplines are also eligible to apply
- Lecturers must have a PhD or Masters Degree with at least five years of teaching experience are also eligible to apply
- Medical Doctors are required to have an MBChB with up to five years of experience
- The medical professionals who wish to apply are mandated to submit their current licences
Eligible candidates must also include:
- A CV
- A photocopy of appropriate certificates and foreign certificates endorsed by the Federal Ministry of Education
- A photocopy of the NYSC discharge certificate or certificate of exemption
How to Apply for the Nigerian Government medical and other volunteer missions Abroad
Eligible candidates are asked to apply online using the link or submit their hard copy application letter at the Technical Aids Corps (TAC) headquarters in Abuja.
To apply online, send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: All applications must be addressed to the Director General of the Nigerian Technical Aids Corps, through the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. No fee is required.
This initiative of the federal government will last for two years while the TAC scheme has run for over 36 years with about N26 billion in funding over a decade.