2023 Undergraduate Scholarship – University of Queensland Liveris Academy
Table of Contents
The University of Queensland Liveris Academy Undergraduate Scholarship is open to domestic and international students interested in pursuing Computer Science and IT, Engineering, Science, and Mathematics degrees. This scholarship was created in 2019 by Andrew and Paula Liveris and is sustained by the earnings from an endowed fund.
About The University of Queensland
The University of Queensland (UQ) is a renowned educational institution in Australia known for its dedication to research and teaching. Our mission is to achieve excellence by generating, safeguarding, sharing, and applying knowledge.
With over a hundred years of experience, we have collaborated with exceptional individuals to provide knowledge and leadership and contribute to a brighter future.
Liveris Academy Undergraduate Scholarship
|Organisation||The University of Queensland|
|Country to study||Australia|
|School to study||The University of Queensland|
|Course to study||Not specified|
|Application Deadline||August 20, 2023|
Aim and Benefits of Scholarship
The annual scholarship amount is $10,000. Additionally, there is a possibility to receive up to $10,000 for travel expenses related to approved Gap Semester, exchange, or internship programs.
Requirements for Scholarship Qualification
You are eligible if you meet any of the following criteria:
- You will complete, or have already completed, year 12 within the two years preceding the year of the award (2022, 2023).
- In the year of the award, you have completed no more than one semester in any of the following programs:
- Bachelor of Computer Science
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours)
- Engineering integrated program
- Bachelor of Science
- Bachelor of Advanced Science (Honours)
- Bachelor of Information Technology
- Bachelor of Mathematics
- A dual program that includes one of the mentioned programs.
- You have not undertaken any tertiary study at the Bachelor level or higher before enrolling in the approved program (excluding special studies).
- You do not hold another scholarship that the Director considers to be similar.
Interview date, Process and Venue for Scholarship
We will take into consideration the following factors in the order of importance:
- Evidence of academic achievement in courses completed during Year 12 or in an approved program.
- Quality of the short video and essay submitted by the applicant.
- Evidence of personal qualities, which includes:
- Leadership potential
- Involvement in community service and/or engagement
- Alignment with the graduate attributes of the Liveris Academy
- Demonstrated commitment to academic excellence
- Willingness to actively participate in co-curricular activities at UQ and make a positive contribution to them
- Strong interest in engaging in co-curricular developmental activities through the Liveris Academy
- The selection committee deems Any other relevant matter important for the applicant’s future success at UQ and in their career.
The next steps in the process are as follows:
- You will receive an email acknowledging your application. If you do not receive this email within 2 days of applying, please get in touch with email@example.com.
- If you meet the eligibility criteria, your application will be forwarded to a selection panel for review.
- If selected, you will be notified in writing, and an interview will be arranged.
August 20, 2023
How to Apply
If you’re interested and meet the qualifications, visit the University of Queensland’s website at studenthub.uq.edu.au to apply. The application process includes filling out an online form, submitting a short video (no longer than 1 minute), and answering a few short questions to showcase how you meet the selection criteria for the scholarship.