International Students 2023 – Canadian University Dubai Undergraduate Scholarships
Table of Contents
Scholarships at Canadian University Dubai are granted to international undergraduate students depending on their academic achievements. The university provides various types of scholarships, including the Academic Excellence Scholarship, Sports Scholarship, Financial Hardship Scholarship, Special Needs Scholarship, and Special Talent Scholarship.
About Canadian University Dubai
The Canadian University Dubai, or CUD, is an independent private university in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. Established in 2006, it follows the Canadian curriculum and was initially called Centennial University of Dubai. Later, it transitioned into a fully independent Canadian institution and adopted the name Canadian University Dubai.
|Canadian University Dubai
|Country to study
|United Arab Emirates
|School to study
|Canadian University Dubai
|Course to study
|December 20, 2023
Aim And Benefits Of Scholarships
50% TUITION WAIVER
To be eligible for a 50% tuition waiver, high school students must achieve an academic average of 99%* or higher when applying. Current CUD students who wish to renew their scholarship must maintain a semester CGPA of 3.98 or above to continue receiving the 50% tuition waiver.
40% TUITION WAIVER
To apply for a 40% tuition waiver, high school students must have achieved an academic average ranging from 95% to 98.9%*. Current CUD students who are renewing their scholarship must maintain a semester CGPA between 3.95 and 3.97 to continue receiving the 40% tuition waiver.
30% TUITION WAIVER
To be eligible for a 30% tuition waiver, high school students must have achieved an academic average of 90% to 94.9%*. Current CUD students who are renewing their scholarship must maintain a semester CGPA between 3.9 and 3.94 to continue receiving the 30% tuition waiver.
20% TUITION WAIVER
To be eligible for a 20% tuition waiver, high school students must have achieved an academic average of 85% to 89.9%*. Current CUD students who are renewing their scholarship must maintain a semester CGPA between 3.85 and 3.89 to continue receiving the 20% tuition waiver.
10% TUITION WAIVER (RETURNING STUDENTS ONLY)
Students who received a 20% tuition waiver during their first semester at CUD and have maintained a CGPA between 3.8 and 3.84 may qualify for a 10% tuition waiver in the following semester.
Requirements For Scholarships Qualification
- Scholarships are available to students of any nationality who have fulfilled all the admission requirements.
- The eligibility criteria for scholarships state that they are granted to students enrolled as full-time students, meaning they are taking four or more academic courses per semester. However, for scholarships based on financial hardship or special needs, the number of required academic courses may vary depending on the circumstances. In these cases, a minimum of four academic courses is generally suggested, but exceptions can be made on a case-by-case basis. It is important to note that scholarships are only applicable to credit-bearing courses.
- Students must maintain the required cumulative grade point average (CGPA) to continue receiving their scholarship. In the case of special needs scholarships, the necessary CGPA to continue the scholarship will be evaluated individually.
- Students have the option to apply for scholarships in consecutive years. However, the scholarships can only be used for two consecutive semesters, specifically the Fall and Spring semesters. Summer semesters are not eligible for scholarship coverage.
- Scholarships can only be applied towards the current tuition fees.
- You can apply for multiple scholarships if you meet the eligibility criteria. If a student qualifies for more than one reduction, scholarship, or discount, they can select the benefit with the greatest value.
- To continue receiving and retaining your scholarship, promptly paying any remaining fees, including tuition and housing costs, is necessary.
December 20, 2023
How to Apply
- The scholarship committee will not consider late or incomplete scholarship applications.
- To be considered for a scholarship, applicants should send their completed application forms, and all required supporting documents to email@example.com. Alternatively, they may also visit the scholarship section of Student Affairs for further information.
For more details, visit the website.