Few things you need to know about T. B Joshua
It is quite shocking to hear that the founder of Synagogue Church of All Nations (SCOAN) T.B Joshua passed on. The Lord’s General died around 3am on 6th June 2021. He died at the age of 57. He would have celebrated his 58th birthday on the 12th of June 2021.
According to the Lagos Police Commissioner Hakeem Odumosu, T.B Joshua was in a good state of health until he felt uncomfortable during an evening service. So he left the Church and never returned. Hence the news of his death.
Here are a few things you should know about the Lord’s General
- His full name was Temitope Balogun Joshua
- He was born on 12th June 1963.
- He was regarded as a mysterious child due to the circumstances that surrounded his birth. Normally, a child should stay nine months in the womb before being born. On the contrary, T. B. Joshua stayed fifteen months in his mother’s womb before he was delivered.
- He was not born with a silver spoon. He had a very poor background.
- He struggled to go through school.
- He did several jobs to make ends meet and pay his school fees. He washes people’s legs during the rainy season, took care of a poultry farm, and sold manure from the poultry farm.
- He started praying and fasting in his childhood days. Hence the nickname ” Small Pastor.
- He got married to beautiful Evelyn. Evelyn is also a powerful instrument like her husband.
- His marriage with Evelyn was blessed with three beautiful daughters.
- The first daughter Serah Joshua is a lawyer, the second daughter Promise Joshua is currently studying International Relations and politics at The London School of Economics. The last daughter is still young and nothing is known about her.
- T. B Joshua was a philanthropist. He had supported so many educationally, morally, financially, and otherwise. He had sponsored many through school. He was in charge of Emmanuel TV where all his church program is streamed live.
- He was the most popular Televangelist around the globe.
- He faced some difficulties in the ministry. In 2014, his church headquarters in Lagos collapsed. This lead to the death of many and others injured.
- Many have been saved, healed, delivered, and restored through the mighty work of God upon him.
Many have sent in their condolences to the family.
- Most people believe that he knew he would die base on his message to his congregation. He said, ” If today is my last day, do you want me to come out and say, “Today is my last day on earth? If God has shown me, TB Joshua today is your last day on earth”. Should I come out and say, ” Praise the Lord; today is my last day on the earth? ” I will talk to you in parables so that when I’ve passed on to my Father, you can now pick those parables”.
- On June 12th, 2021, which is his birthday, his daughter Serah gave birth to a baby boy. People are of the opinion that T. B Joshua has been born through his daughter.
One of which is from Goodluck Ebele Jonathan. In his statement on his Facebook Official page, T. B. Joshua was a devout man of God who served God and humanity with relentless passion. He was a man of sound doctrine, meek, faithful to his call and passion of reconciling men to God and offering hope to humanity. He went further to stress that ” as a Christian leader, T.B. Joshua and his ministry exemplified Christ in faith, love, and charity, positively impacting the lives of Nigerians, Africans and millions of the world. He condoles with the deceased family, church, and his followers. May his gentle soul rest in peace.