Check Your JAMB Result with this Easy Ways
Table of Contents
Your JAMB result is out; you want to check it but do not know the steps. You may have tried the only step you know, but it didn’t work out.
In this post, you will learn about the three easy ways to check your JAMB result, which you will follow and have your JAMB statement of result at your reach within a few minutes of trying these steps.
Easy ways to check your JAMB result
- Check JAMB result via the JAMB portal
- Check JAMB result via SMS
Check your JAMB Result through the JAMB Portal with the Registration Number
Checking your jamb result through the jamb result portal is one of the easy ways to check your jamb result. Follow the steps below to check your jamb result via the jamb result portal successfully.
- Visit the JAMB result-checking portal – https://www.jamb.gov.ng/
- Locate the E-facility icon on the menu bar
- Log in to your account
- Click on the UTME year Main Result Notification Slip, e.g. UTME 2023 Main Result Notification Slip.
- Put your registration number and phone number in the spaces provided for that.
- After that, click on ‘check my result‘ to proceed.
- Great, you will be shown your result after completing these steps.
How to Check your JAMB Result Via SMS
To check your JAMB result via SMS, these are the steps you should follow;
- Click on the messaging app on your device
- Text UTMERESULT to 55019 or 66019 using the same phone number you used for your registration
- You will receive an SMS shortly with your JAMB result.
When using the SMS method, there are things that you have to do;
- Ensure you send the SMS with the same phone number which you used for the registration
- Ensure that you have an adequate airtime balance for the service charge
Messages that you may receive and reasons for such
- “Result withheld” why-> You can’t receive your result for some reasons they do not wish to disclose
- “Result withheld pending the upload of clarifications/document required by you” for the benefit of the doubt. You may receive this message instead. All you have to do is clarify them, and they will send the result to you.
- “Candidate absent”-> This implies that the candidate was absent during the day the exam was written.
- “Invalid entrance into the hall” -> The candidate gained unauthorized entrance into the Examination hall.
- “Phone number not used for registration” -> The phone number used for checking the result was not used for registration.
- Finally, if you took the exam, you will receive an SMS with your name, Reg. No, statement of result and other things.
How to print the JAMB Result Slip
- Log in to the JAMB portal https://www.jamb.gov.ng/
- Click on e-facility on the top left side of the page.
- After that, you click on “Print Result Slip.”
- Next, you click on “Continue with Payment.”
- After completing your payment, you select your examination year and enter your JAMB registration number in the provided spaces.
- Then, print the result slip that will be shown to you if you complete these steps.
These are the easy ways to check your JAMB result without qualms. Following these step-by-step guidelines, you can access your JAMB result from your comfort zone.
It does not cost much when checking it using this method, so you don’t have to worry. Also, do not forget that an Original Result slip will be demanded during admission screening for any tertiary institution of your choice, so you must print out your original JAMB result slip, and this post has also made available the procedures for doing such.