DIY craft ideas
You can not do it!
what? it was there for the taking…
The fun part about Doing It Yourself is boasting about it and not getting a ticket.
This is where craft comes in. Everyone can make something, it doesn’t have to win the appreciation of all, it only takes a few. There is always an idea to create and there is beauty in every art.
Decorating your house or the office can be done yourself, making that flower vase or making your own dress. It all depends on you, your ability and your willingness to embrace positivity.
There are a lot of ways to create something, and lots of materials to use. You could use a new material or an old one, that discarded piece of cloth can be useful if you just know-how.
Here are some DIY crafts to consider:
- Do you have an old tea jug or a nice vintage tea jug that you don’t find useful anymore? You could turn it into something useful. If the colour of the tea jug is not suitable for you, you could repaint it into whatever colour you feel like. For the vintage jug, you could add some intricate patterns to its surface if you want to. Now this tea jug could serve as a bouquet. Pick fresh flowers every morning and place them in the jug. This bouquet could be placed on your dining table, in the kitchen, sitting room or bedroom.
- Button bowl; do you have old clothes with buttons of different colours that you don’t find useful? Get a lot of buttons depending on the size of the bowl and your choice of pattern and glue. Attach the buttons to the bowl using the glue. Make sure to mix colours to get a beautiful design. This bowl can be placed on your dining table or in the parlour and used to serve either fruits or other substances in it.
- Wall stickers; why leave your wall bare when a story can be written on it. Get colourful cardboard papers and cut them into any desired shape, a heart or star shape will do. Attach these shapes to the wall of your room either in different places on the wall or clustered in one place. To give it a glimmer, cut shiny biscuit wraps into tiny confetti sizes and with glue, spread over the cardboard and scatter the shiny cuttings on it for that glittering effect.
- Have you got an old car tyre that is not useful anymore but still retains its elastic property? Make a stool and table from it. Get any piece of designed fabric, be it thick, leather-like fabric or fluffy fabric. Get a screwdriver, hammer and a nail or screw, also get some foam to make it cushier. Place the foam in the circular opening of the car tyre and wrap the tyre with the fabric. Using a hammer or screwdriver, fasten the nail or screw to hidden places on the tyre to hold the fabric tightly in place. After that, this could serve as a table. But for the chair, you should get another tyre of the same diameter but of thinner width and craft the same with it. After which you fasten it vertically to the first tyre, and ensure it is stable. With this, you have made a table and a chair from an old discarded tyre.
- You could paint your empty soup cans and draw intricate designs on them using paint and a paintbrush. After which you can fasten it to a hanger on the wall of your kitchen. It can serve as a place for keeping clean kitchen utensils.
- Does your sweater have holes on it; you could make a beanie with it. Cut the hands of the sweater depending on how big the hand is if it can fit your head. Sew one end of it neatly turn over so the sewing is on the inside. You can wear it as a beanie on your head. To beautify it, attach buttons around it.
- Handmade baby pillow: get a cloth you don’t find useful, Preferably get one with floral patterns or pictures imprinted on it. Sew it around leaving one opening and stuff foam inside to make it soft and comfortable to sleep on, close the opening by sewing the end neatly. To beautify it, you could sew a plain cloth making an eye, nose and mouth shape on the pillow.
These are basic craft ideas for interior decoration and for the fun of crafting. Do well to explore an inexhaustible lot of others and work on variety.