Doctoral Scholarship For African Students – NRF-MINDS Doctoral Scholarship 2024 For African Students
Table of Contents
The DSI and NRF are pleased to announce a call for new applications for DSI-NRF Postgraduate Student Funding for the academic year 2023. All continuing students eligible for a second or third year of funding must submit a Progress Report, not a new application.
The program aims to identify academically gifted African scholars from resource-challenged backgrounds to pursue postgraduate study in some of the best universities across the continent.
Within a period of five years, MINDS will fund and support 45 Honors and Master’s scholars to study at African universities outside their country of origin, while the NRF will contribute funding for 50 Doctoral scholars from the rest of the continent based at South African universities.
According to the National Research Foundation Act, the National Research Foundation (NRF) is an independent statutory organization. Its mandate is to support and promote research through funding, the development of human resources, and the provision of the necessary research facilities in order to facilitate knowledge creation, innovation, and development for all?
NRF-MINDS Doctoral Scholarship
- Type – Postgraduate
- Organization – National Research Foundation (NRF)
- Country to study – Not specified
- School to study – Not specified
- Course to study – Not specified
- State of Origin –
- Gender – Men and Women
- Application Deadline – July 11, 2023
Requirements for NRF-MINDS Doctoral Scholarship Qualification
The scholarship program will support postgraduate students in critical fields for the continent – African Heritage; Water-Energy-Food Nexus; Smart Economy; ICT; Artificial Intelligence and Robotics; and Health.
These students will significantly serve as young leaders who are will end up achieving a more integrated African economy with an accelerating positive outcome that will not only benefit their different countries but the world at large.
- Be a citizen of an African country other than SA, residing in any African country.
- Be thirty-two (32) tears of age and or younger on 31 December in the year of application for the doctoral scholarship and
- Be intending to pursue full-time doctoral studies with effect from the following academic year of the year of application at a SA public university.
July 11, 2023
How To Apply
All the postgraduate students will be expected to apply on the NRF Connect System by accessing the link: https://nrfconnect.nrf.ac.za/. No manual applications will be accepted.
For more details, visit NRF website