Fatigue -Meaning, 14 Symptoms and treatment of fatigue
Fatigue, as the name implies, does not necessarily imply effect from overweight; it can happen to anyone, and it is a major reason people fail to do what they ought to do. Fatigue has ruined productivity in certain areas because of the lack of energy to do anything. There are lots of fatigue causes, where we mention a few I suggest you don’t get lazy- read up!
Fatigue can be said to be a feeling of extreme tiredness and weakness of the body, mind or both which occurs often and is not restricted to any age limit but more especially affects adults more.
REASONS FOR FATIGUE:
The reason why people are fatigued can be as a result of a wide range of things as activities carried out and these reasons include although not restricted to;
- Medical conditions like Insomnia, pregnancy, hormonal Imbalance, malaria, typhoid, etc. These medical conditions if at its early stages have Fatigue as a symptom, makes the individual find it difficult to carry out normal daily activities.
- Poor and Unhealthy Diet; Inability to eat healthy meals and balanced diets could make a person have fatigue because too much intake of an unbalanced diet could weaken bodily functions and make a person constantly tired, especially fatty foods.
- Unhealthy Eating Habit; inability to eat at right times of the day may result in fatigue, skipping meals or eating too much could reduce the productivity level of a person by making such an individual constantly tired and weak.
- Unhealthy work Habits; certain extreme work Habits as closing late from work could make a person undergo stress and stress is a notable factor proven over time to be a big-time generator of Fatigue.
- Emotional Matters; Certain issues that affect the emotional well-being of a person could bring about fatigue and make a person weak and unable to carry out certain activities; emotional issues like depression, mourning, heartbreak, etc.
- Old Age; As a person advances in age, this person becomes unable to engage in a wide range of normal daily activities and eat certain foods for a long time. This makes the person constantly weak and causes fatigue.
- Lack of Exercise; Exercise helps keep the muscles, body, mind and organs of the body fit at all times. In situations where an individual does not undergo any form of exercise, it weakens and makes stiff certain areas of the body, thereby resulting in fatigue.
SYMPTOMS OF FATIGUE
Symptoms are signs, clues, cues the body shows signalling fatigue and these signs include and not restricted to the following;
- Sore and aching muscles
- Mood change and irritation
- Loss of appetite
- Lack of strength
- Inability to make audible words
- Inability to stand
- Blurred vision
- Loss of concentration
- Anxiety disorder
DIFFERENCE BETWEEN FATIGUE AND TIREDNESS:
According to medical analysis, everyone undergoes tiredness, and tiredness is caused by excessive stress due to certain activities which were carried out during the day. It could be cured by taking a hot bath, energy-giving blood and drinks, nice relaxation, and a night of restful sleep.
While on the other hand fatigue is a result of lack of energy not necessarily caused by stress, fatigue cannot be relieved by sleep or relaxation; it happens constantly and is accompanied by body pains, headache, lack of appetite etc.
WAYS TO TREAT FATIGUE:
There are various ways to treat fatigue depending on the cause and the following are few ways fatigue can be treated and are as follows;
- Make a schedule to take good restful sleep as often as possible.
- Make sure to eat healthy and balanced diets to make the body healthy and sound in order to fight certain diseases and sickness that could cause fatigue.
- Make out time for exercise to burn off excess fats, free certain joints and muscles of the body, cut down on unnecessary weight gain that could be a reason for fatigue.
- Avoid unhealthy work life that could lead to fatigue, learn to allocate certain workloads to other people and avoid piling workloads to reduce stress which could result in fatigue.
- In cases of health-related issues such as hormonal imbalance, insomnia, pregnancy, heart disease etc. See a doctor for medical advice and assistance.
- Fatigue caused by old age can be treated by taking quality rest, healthy meals and avoiding strenuous activities.
- Fatigue caused as a result of emotional stress could be treated by doing things that will help to uplift your spirit and mood, avoid overthinking and isolation.
Fatigue can be avoided and properly managed if necessary preventive measures are taken and if certain activities are avoided.