How To Set An SD Card As Default Storage on Android [ Follow The 7 Steps]
Table of Contents
Your phone’s internal storage might not be able to carry the files you would want in your phone. You wouldn’t like to delete all the files, especially if all of the files are important to you. Here is a provision for using the SD card to copy all the files and free up your phone storage.
This article will guide you on how to set SD card as default storage on your Android phones.
How To Set An SD Card As Default Storage
Here are the steps to setting SD card as default storage:
1. Before inserting an SD card on your phone, make sure your phone supports an SD card; if so, switch off your phone and then locate the SD card slot and insert it inside. After that, you can then power the phone back.
2. Open the settings application and Click on the “storage.”
3. On the storage menu, Click on the SD card
4. You will find another menu. Click on the “three dots” at the right side of your phone screen, select storage settings and then format it
5. You will receive a warning about data erasure; click erase & format or confirm to continue.
6. next, you can move data from internal storage to an SD card. You can now choose to move now
7. you can now confirm if the SD card is the default storage. Automatically, all your photos, videos and other files will be stored on your SD card.
Finding out your phone storage is filled up can be frustrating when you have a very important file to save. With the steps provided on how to set an SD card as default storage, you can automatically save your files on your SD card.