Online Students Platforms -Best ONLINE LEARNING PLATFORMS FOR STUDENTS TO LEARN ANYTHING
Online learning platforms have become popular over the years and this is due to the fact that this means of learning is becoming very popular.
Online learning is very comfortable compared to offline learning and you can move at your own pace while the pace of offline learning depends strictly on the lecturer or teacher handling the course or class.
Online learning is a form of learning that takes place over the internet and it is also known as e-learning and it is also a form of learning where the learner and the tutor do not need to meet physically before the class is conducted or held.
TOP ONLINE LEARNING PLATFORMS FOR STUDENTS
The following are popular online learning platforms that students can use:
1. Khan Academy: Khan Academy is the most popular platform that students can use to learn anything online. Khan academy is a non-profit application founded in the year 2006 by Salman Khan and the lessons are done in the form of short videos.
Khan academy has tutorials in various fields such as science, arts and humanities, reading and language arts, computing, life skills, and finally test preparation such as SAT, LSAT, and Praxis Core.
2. Coursera: Coursera is an online learning platform that was founded in the year 2012 by Andrew Ng and Daphne Koller and it offers open online courses.
Coursera also partners with various institutions to offer online programs and some of the schools include The University of Michigan and the University of Pennslyvania. Joining Coursera is free of charge and some of the online degree programs include:
· Computer Science Degree
· Business Degree
· Public Health degree
· Data Science degree
· Ms Electrical engineering
· Ms Management
· MBA Online
· Global MBA
· Data Science
· Master’s in Public Health
· Masters in Computer Science
3. Edx: Edx is an open online course provider that was created by Harvard and MIT in the year 2012 and the Chief executive officer as at the time of writing this article is Anant Agrawal.
Edx has a lot of courses in different disciplines and some of the major disciplines are data science business, computer science, engineering and design. Edx also has programs and degrees for its users and some of the programs are Microbachelors program, micromasters program, professional certificate, Xseries, online master’s degree, and executive education.
Edx like Coursera also has partner universities like the University of Boston which offers courses on its platform.
4. Udacity: Udacity is an American profit online platform that was created in the year 2011 by the founders Sebastin Thrun and David Stavnes. Some of the programs or courses available in:
· Programming and development
· Artificial intelligence
· Cloud computing
· Data Science
· Cloud computing
· Autonomous systems.
· Intro to machine learning
There are other programs under These courses mentioned above and it seems that most of them are computer science-related disciplines so this platform is mainly good for those who are looking for an area to major in computer science.
5. MIT Courseware: This is a platform owned by the Masachuttes Institute of technology and it has more than twenty (20) online degree programs. Each course has a department that it falls under and some examples of courses departments are:
· Aeronautics and Astronautics
· Biological Engineering
· Chemical Engineering
· Comparative Media studies
Please note that the departments are not the programs but for each department listed, there are certain courses related to it that one can register for free and start taking online courses immediately. Finally, these courses are offered on the Edx platform so take note of that.
6. Codecademy: Codecademy is an online platform founded in the year 2011 by Zach Sims and it is a platform that offers free classes or tutorials in various programming languages like Ruby, HTML, CSS, Bootstrap, SQL, Python, Java, and C++.
Codecademy also has a paid plan but if you do not have money, then you should use the free plan till you can afford it.
Finally, youtube is another great learning platform that has qualitative contents in different fields or areas of study. Youtube is great for students who are finding it hard to understand what they are being taught in class and another notable mention is Udemy where one can find any course of your choice in a packages format most especially a video format.