The World Bank Group – Investment Analyst Needed At International Finance Corporation (IFC)
Table of Contents
The International Finance Corporation (IFC), a part of the World Bank Group and shares its goals, is the leading global development institution dedicated to supporting the private sector in developing nations. The World Bank Group has outlined two objectives to be accomplished by 2030: eradicating extreme poverty and fostering inclusive growth worldwide.
We are currently seeking applicants for the following position:
2 years 0 months
- The Africa Infrastructure team in Lagos, Nigeria, is looking for an Investment Analyst to join their team. The ideal candidate will be responsible for fulfilling the duties and responsibilities of an Investment Analyst.
- IFC hires investment analysts worldwide on contracts that last for two years and can be extended for up to four years. After finishing their contracts, investment analysts usually pursue further education or gain more professional experience.
Duties & Accountabilities
- Develop and evaluate financial models, and assess historical and projected financial statements such as discounted cash flow (DCF) analysis and market comparisons.
- Assist and contribute to structuring new transactions by understanding their financial aspects, conducting market analysis, and assessing the financial viability of company or project opportunities.
- Research industries, integrity (know your customer) requirements, and market trends (including pricing benchmarks), and support IFC’s efforts in business development.
- Create visually appealing pitchbooks and proposals for clients, utilizing graphics and tables to effectively and creatively present data.
- Analyze company information and generate reports on regular financial statements, project progress reports, and other relevant client information.
- Prepare necessary documentation for internal processes at IFC.
- Provide analytical support during investment negotiations.
- Actively monitor investments in portfolio companies, ensuring compliance with IFC’s financial, environmental, insurance, and legal requirements.
- Identify data collection requirements to assess financial, operational, and development impact, market information, and relevant ES&G matters. Coordinate with clients to gather necessary information.
- Display active listening skills by attentively listening to clients and stakeholders to understand their needs.
- Extract lessons from previous IFC investments, advisory mandates, and evaluative work to contribute to structuring straightforward transactions.
Criteria for Selection
- A Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent degree, preferably with a specialization in Finance, Business, or Economics.
- At least 3 years of work experience in a financial institution, investment banking, private equity fund, consulting firm, or a similar sector, with a proven track record in financial analysis.
- Experience in infrastructure-related projects like transport, power, telecom, water and sanitation, and project finance will be an added advantage.
- Demonstrated skills in quantitative analysis, financial analysis, and financial modelling.
- Strong interest in development finance and the ability to work effectively in multicultural environments.
- Possesses a strong drive and unwavering commitment to upholding the highest ethical standards, with the ability to excel in diverse, multicultural teams and navigate across boundaries.
- Demonstrates a deep understanding of financial markets, exhibiting extensive knowledge.
- Exhibits exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills, showcasing the ability to identify and address issues while presenting innovative and pragmatic solutions.
- Displays effective communication skills, both in written and oral form, with the capability to convey information clearly and concisely.
- Fluent in English, with a preference for proficiency in additional languages.
Method Of Application
Individuals interested and possessing the required qualifications should Click here to apply online.