Things needed for NYSC Orientation camp
The list of things needed for NYSC Orientation camp as compiled here is from experience and if you ignore, it might cost you more than you would have spent getting them before the orientation camp
For Documentation/Registration purposes (Inside camp):
- Original statement of result,
- Institution identity card and
- Recent passport photographs: I’ll advise, if you have a friend who is a corps member, kindly beg them to use their crested vest (the one with NYSC logo and green & white colour round the neck) to snap passport. The reason for this is that the photographers in orientation camp will charge you as high as N1000 to get 8copies, this is something you would have ordinarily got for N200-N400 depending on the cost of things in your present area.
- In addition, if you are a Medical Doctor, Pharmacist or an Optometrist you
will be expected to bring along original of your registration certificate with the Nigerian Medical Council, Pharmacist Board or
Optometrist Registration Council and evidence of completion of housemanship or internship.
Also Read: NYSC: Largest Orientation Camps In Nigeria
2015 NYSC Batch B corps members will be paid the sum of One Thousand Five Hundred Naira (N1,500.00) as Transport Allowance in the camp. Also the sum of One Thousand Naira(N1,000.00) will be paid as local Transport Allowance (Bicycle allowance). The above allowances are to be collected at the orientation camp of your state of deployment. Dont expect it early though….It’s still your money even if they decided to give it to you the day you are leaving…just be patient.
4. As a participant in the orientation course, you will be required to take to the camp your:
- mosquito net,
- bed sheets,
- plates (about 2),
- Food flask
- bucket (If your place of deployment is far…you can buy from the Mammy Market),
- drinking cup and torch light for your personal convenience as some halls might not have light.
- Documents and Photocopies
- Call-up letter
- Statement of Result/transcript
- First degree certificate
Things needed for NYSC Orientation Camp cont.: More things needed personally:
- Toothbrush & Toothpaste
- Bath soap & Sponge
- Detergent & Laundery Soap
- Toilet Paper (No Bush method)
- Sanitary Pads & Tampons
- Shower Caps
- Body Cream & Lotion
Clothing Items (Otondo levels):
- White T-shirts (2 pairs, you’ll be given 2pairs in camp)
- White Shorts (2 pairs, you’ll be given 2pairs in camp)
- Whites tennis shoes (Fulani herdsmen type sure pass…as e no de spoil quick)
- White socks (2 pairs, you’ll be given 1pair in camp)
- Perfumes/ body spray (even if you no need am…abeg get 1, sometimes you might see yourself not taking your bath before leaving to the parade ground and sometimes, there might not be enough water in the camp)
- Rubber slippers/flip flops
- Combs and hair needs
- Makeup & accessories
For ladies, using Colored panties will be too conspicuous under the white tops and bottoms.
* You can take a 2 – 3 sets of casual wears/mufti for Church and camp fire night, Mr macho & Miss NYSC.
* It is good to have a white rubber shoe that is easy to clean (sold at camp also)
Things to take to NYSC Camp: Other Recommended Items are;
- Padlocks and keys
- Waist pouch
- Handkerchiefs/face towels/Kleenex
- Waist purse (This can be purchased at Mammy Market).
- Writing pads and stationary
- Mp3/ iPod
- Glue sticks & stapler
Also Check: HOW TO MAKE PAYMENT ON NYSC PORTAL with REMITA
* Prices of items apart from fast consumer goods (Gala, Indomie etc) are usually higher than those outside so it is advisable you buy the things you can before going to camp.
Now for the guys and ladies out there…abstinence is the best answer but if you must, please get protection. YES! I mean CONDOM, BULLET, CD, RUBBER, COVER CAP etc.
For my christian friends, your Bible is very important for a healthy living in the camp.
To buy the complete NYSC Kits Click Here
Drop your comments below and don’t forget to share this post so that your friends will get it.