2023 DOF Program – David Oyedepo Foundation Scholarship Program For African Students
Table of Contents
The scholarship program by the David Oyedepo Foundation offers full scholarships to eligible natives and inhabitants of African nations.
It aims to nurture young leaders who possess the knowledge and ability to take charge and make an impact in their respective organizations, communities, and countries. The scholarship allows students to pursue their education at Covenant and Landmark University in Nigeria.
About David Oyedepo Foundation (DOF)
The DOF was established by Dr David Oyedepo, who completed his primary and secondary education in Nigeria before obtaining a PhD in Human Development from a university in Hawaii, USA. He is also the creator of David Oyedepo Ministries International, a non-profit organization that oversees the Living Faith Church and other initiatives.
DOF Scholarship Program
|Organisation||David Oyedepo Foundation (DOF)|
|Country to study||Nigeria|
|School to study||Covenant University, Landmark University|
|Course to study||Not specified|
|Application Deadline||July 1, 2023|
Aim And Benefits Of The Scholarship
- The scholarship covers the complete academic expenses for up to five years, following the duration of the selected course as specified by the university.
The scholarship excludes the following expenses;
- Allowances for travel
- Compensation for meals
- Medical coverage or financial assistance for healthcare
- Additional charges apart from the academic fees set by the university for any course, regardless of the level.
Requirements For Scholarship Qualification
To qualify, it is necessary that you;
- Hold citizenship or permanent residency in any country within Africa.
- Fall within the age range of 16 to 25 when applying.
- Meet the requirements to obtain a student visa for Nigeria.
- Possess fluency in the English language, including reading, writing, and speaking skills.
- Demonstrate outstanding academic achievement during your secondary school years, as evidenced by:
- Score at least 20 points above the JAMB cut-off points (specific to Nigerians).
- Achieve a recorded average of 80% or a 4.0 out of 5.0 GPA on the Secondary/High School Transcript.
- Have already commenced the admission application process for Covenant University or Landmark University.
Interview Date, Process And Venue
The selection process for the David Oyedepo Foundation Scholarship Programme is an open competition based on merit and financial need. A selection panel will evaluate all eligible applications after the deadline.
The David Oyedepo Foundation team will interview the chosen finalists through an online video conferencing platform. If the applicant is selected to advance to the final round, they must provide the required documents, which are;
- Provide evidence of the application submitted to Covenant University or Landmark University.
- Provide documentation that proves citizenship.
- Submit all original copies of the documents uploaded during the application process.
The criteria that the selection panels will use to assess the applications (in no particular order of significance) are as follows:
- A demonstrated history of exceptional academic performance, demonstrated financial necessity and exceptional personal qualities.
- An established history of taking charge and actively engaging in the growth and improvement of the community.
- A dedication to using acquired skills to impact and make a positive difference in the local community.
- Applications became available on May 19, 2023.
- The application period concludes on July 1, 2023.
- Finalization of the selected applicants and communication with them takes place in July 2023.
- Scholars who have been accepted will begin their studies at Covenant and Landmark University between August and September 2023.
July 1, 2023