Awards For Undergraduates – 2023 NNPC/Chevron National University Scholarship Awards
Table of Contents
As partners, Chevron Nigeria Limited (CNL) and the Nigerian National Petroleum Company Limited (NNPC) are providing University Scholarship Awards to Nigerian students who meet the necessary qualifications.
This scholarship program is a crucial aspect of their social investment strategy to enhance education in Nigeria. The scholarships are open to students from all states in the country.
We recommend you thoroughly review the Requirement/Eligibility, How To Apply, and Frequently Asked Questions pages to obtain more comprehensive information.
- Only applications submitted through this web portal will be taken into consideration.
- The official platform for the NNPC/CNL JV National University Scholarship program is SCHOLASTICA.
- There will be no computer-based test. Successful candidates will be selected based on a combination of academic indices derived from submitted credentials.
- All interested students must provide accurate and complete information.
- Applicants for the NNPC/CNL JV National University Scholarship program are not eligible to apply for any other scholarship program sponsored by Chevron Nigeria Limited (CNL), its joint venture partner, Nigerian National Petroleum Company Limited (NNPC), or affiliates.
- Applicants and successful candidates are not required to make any payments. The application for the 2023 NNPC/CNL JV National University Scholarship program is free.
- E-mail applications will not be accepted.
- CNL does not appoint representatives or agents to assist with the application process.
- Any candidate who has submitted false documents will be disqualified or withdrawn from the scholarship process at any stage.
- If you are awarded the scholarship, you cannot transfer the offer to another university or course of study.
Chevron is a major investor and one of the largest oil producers in Nigeria. In the Niger Delta region, we have a joint-venture agreement with the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) for both onshore and offshore assets.
Chevron also has significant involvement in deepwater operations as a partner with several other companies. The Agbami Field is one of Nigeria’s most significant deepwater discoveries, and we are responsible for its management.
NNPC/Chevron JV National University Scholarship Awards
|Country to study
|School to study
|Course to study
|June 23, 2023
Requirements For Awards Qualification
This opportunity is available to students in their second year (200 level) of full-time degree programs in Nigerian universities. It’s important to note that this applies only to candidates who were admitted in the 2021/2022 academic session, and it’s recommended that you confirm which academic session you belong to before applying.
- To be eligible, you must have a CGPA of at least 3.5 in a 5.0-grade system or its equivalent in other grading systems.
- To be considered, you must obtain at least six O-level credits in a single attempt.
The scholarship program NNPC/Chevron Joint Venture offers is designed to assist blind or visually impaired undergraduate students in their second year (200 level) of study pursuing any course at Nigerian universities.
- Maintain a minimum Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 2.5 on a 5.0-grade grade or equivalent in a different grading system.
- Acquire a minimum of five O-level credits.
It is important to note that only applications submitted through the specified website address will be considered. Any physical copies of documents submitted will not be handled. Interested students are advised to click the “How to Apply” tab provided to apply.
If you submit more than one application, you will be disqualified automatically.
Interview Date, Process And Scholarship Awards
- Before commencing the application process, please ensure that you possess properly scanned copies of the following documents:
- A recent passport photograph, taken within the last six months, with dimensions of 450px by 450px and a file size not exceeding 200kb.
- Your school identification card.
- An admission letter from your university.
- Your birth certificate.
- Your O’ Level examination results.
- Your JAMB (Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board) result.
- A letter of identification from your local government area.
- Please ensure that each document is appropriately named to avoid confusion during the upload process.
- Additionally, ensure you attach the correct documents as requested during the upload phase.
June 23, 2023
How To Apply
Are you interested and meet the qualifications for the scholarship? If so, you can visit Chevron on candidate. Scholastica.ng to submit your application.
It is important to confirm which academic session you belong to before you submit your application.
Please adhere to the instructions provided in the following steps:
- Click on the “Apply Now” tab.
- Select “Register Now” to create a new account.
- Check your email inbox for a message containing instructions to activate your account.
- Return to the scholarship site by clicking on the following link: https://candidate.scholastica.ng/schemes/2023CNLawards.
- Provide your registered email and password to access your account and upload your information.
- Fill in your details, including your National Identification Number (if available), educational background, and other relevant information, and upload the necessary scanned documents.
- Make sure that the name used in your application matches the names on all accompanying documents in the exact order. If there is any discrepancy, upload an affidavit or certificate to explain the difference.
- Double-check all the uploaded documents to ensure accuracy and eliminate any errors.
- Attach a passport-sized photograph with a white background when prompted to upload a photo.
- Review all the application information to prevent any mistakes.
- Go back to the “Active Scholarships” section, select the desired scheme, and click on “Apply Now” to submit your information.
- Once submitted, you will receive a notification on the screen and via email confirming the successful submission of your application. To verify this, check the “My application” section under the “My account” tab on your profile.
- Return to www.scholastica.ng, log in with your email and password, and download your profile. Take the downloaded profile to your Head of Department for their signature.
- Scan and upload the signed profile, as it will be required for verification purposes.
- If you did not have a National Identification Number (NIN) during step 6, follow the necessary steps to obtain your NIN.
- Go to http://ninenrol.gov.ng to access the registration website and gather additional information about the National Identity Number.
- Click “Create Account” and provide the necessary information in the designated fields.
- Log in using your registered email and password to complete the registration form.
- Once you have completed all the required details, schedule a date to visit a designated centre for photo and fingerprint capture.
- To finalize registration and obtain your National Identity Number, visit any 37 capture centres listed at http://www.nimc.gov.ng/?q=nin-registration-centres.
- Alternatively, you can complete your registration at the NIMC (National Identity Management Commission) office.
16. To complete your application, revisit www.scholastica.ng and provide your National Identification Number (NIN) as an update.
Note: Submitting more than one application can result in being disqualified by the Scholarship board.
For more details, visit the Scholastica scholarships website.