Ecommerce Stores – 5 Recommended e-Commerce Stores you should use
Online stores are becoming very popular worldwide because of the ease of seating at the comfort of one’s house and ordering for a product in less than 5 minutes. Another great advantage of online stores is that they have different means of payments such as:
- Payment on Delivery: With this means of payment, you can pay for your goods only once you receive it but you would be charged more for payment on delivery compared to the other means of payment.
- Payment before Delivery: In PBD, you are paying before they send your goods or products to the specified address.
Most online or eCommerce stores make use of online payments and with this form of shopping, you can order products from abroad directly from the manufacturer and you are sure of getting whatever you ordered within weeks of ordering for it.
Please note that the stores listed below are randomly chosen and we selected the best from each continent so if you do not see your favourite store on the list, then drop it in the comment sections below so that it would aid others. Below is a list of some online stores or eCommerce stores you should patronize in 2021:
- Aliexpress: Aliexpress is number one whenever we talk about eCommerce stores in the world and it is an eCommerce store that is owned by Alibaba group and it was launched in the year 2010. Over the year, Aliexpress has grown to be one of the biggest online stores in the world. Aliexpress started as a business-to-business buying and selling portal but over the years, it has been expanded to business-to-consumer, and consumer-to-consumer. Aliexpress makes use of escrow payment so you are sure of getting your goods and if your product or goods is not what you ordered for, then you can open a dispute and you would either be given a refund of your money or whatever you agreed with the seller. Aliexpress sells a lot of products like cellphones, women’s clothes, jewelry, and electronic accessories at a cheap rate.
- Amazon: Amazon is the largest eCommerce store in the U.S and it was created by Jeff Bezos on July 5th, 1994 and as of today, it has become one of the best in the following fields cloud computing, e-commerce, artificial intelligence, consumer electronics, digital distribution, and self-driving cars. Amazon has become very versatile and it also has a book publishing arm known as Amazon kindle, a film and television studio Amazon studios, and a cloud computing subsidiary known as Amazon web services. Shopping on Amazon is done with dollars and this is why a lot of people prefer to use Aliexpress because they use Chinese yuan which is more favorable compared to dollars finally, Amazon has multiple means of payment and they sell products ranging from household accessories to electronic devices and items of clothing. If you are an affiliate marketer then you can consider the Amazon affiliate program known as Amazon affiliate and it is easy to sign up.
- eBay: eBay is an American-based eCommerce store that was founded on September 3rd, 1995 by Pierre Omidyar and it is an e-commerce industry. eBay was previously known as AuctionWeb and they are currently present in over 32 countries as of the time of writing this article. On eBay, you can buy and sell any product of your choice finally, eBay allows you to auction off your product without hassle. eBay like Amazon sells a lot of products in different categories like electronics, fashion, healthy & Beauty, Motors, and sports category respectively. If you want to shop on eBay, visit the website and create an account once you are done, proceed to add your shipping address and please ensure that the address is correct and easily locatable finally you can order for products once you have done any of the following listed above.
- Jumia: Jumia is the biggest online store in Nigeria and it was created in the year 2012 by Sacha Poignonnec, Raphael Kofi Afaedor, and Tunde Kehinde. Over the years, Jumia has grown to become one of the largest eCommerce stores in Africa and it has been established in other countries like Egypt, Morroco, Ivory Coast, Kenya, and South Africa respectively in addition, more offices have been opened in other countries and Jumia sells products in categories like Phone Accessories, Health and Beauty, Computing, and electronics category respectively. Finally, Jumia has two modes of payment namely Payment before delivery and Payment On Delivery.
- 1688: 1688.com is another Chinese online store but the difference between Aliexpress and 1688 is that 1688 is only for those in China while Aliexpress is an international platform. If you want to buy products from 1688, this has to be done via a third party who would be in China to receive the product before sending it to your address. Products on 1688 are cheaper because they are in dollars and they are sold by the producer or manufacturer.
There are other platforms we did not mention but you can check them out after this article and some of them include Konga and Alibaba.