McGill University: 2023 Canada Entrance Bursary Program For International Students
Table of Contents
McGill University is devoted to aiding eligible undergraduate students who need financial aid in their academic journey.
The Entrance Bursary Program of the university provides financial assistance through entrance bursaries to students belonging to low or modest-income families who can demonstrate their financial needs.
The individuals who are qualified to apply are as follows, in their respective order:
- Newly admitted, first-year undergraduate students pursuing their first degree
- Newly admitted, first-year undergraduate students who directly enter professional programs in Medicine and Law, provided they have a prior degree.
About The University
McGill University, situated in Montreal, Quebec, Canada, is a public research university teaching English. It was established in 1821 through a royal charter issued by King George IV.
It was named after James McGill, a Scottish businessman who donated funds in 1813 to create the university’s forerunner, the University of McGill College (also known as McGill College). The university’s name was officially changed to McGill University in 1885.
McGill University Undergraduate Scholarship
|Country to study
|School to study
|Course to study
|State of Origin
|Men and Women
|June 30, 2023
Aim And Benefits Of Scholarship
The Entrance Bursary program aims to provide financial assistance to prospective undergraduate students in need.
Its objective is to increase accessibility to the University for those experiencing financial difficulties by providing additional funding on top of other sources of support such as government aid, Indigenous Band Support Funding, part-time employment, parental assistance, and other sources of financing.
Requirements For Scholarship Qualification
To qualify for the Entrance Bursary Program for International Students, individuals must satisfy the following criteria:
- The program accepts applications from candidates worldwide.
- The bursary applies to undergraduate programs provided by the University.
- Applicants must be enrolled as full-time degree students at the University.
- Candidates should demonstrate financial need by supplementing their funding with resources like government aid, Indigenous Band Support Funding, part-time employment, parental assistance, and other funding avenues.
- Students must demonstrate proficiency in the English language through the TOEFL or IELTS examination.
June 30, 2023
How To Apply
After receiving notification of acceptance to the University through a formal letter or via the Admissions Status page on Minerva, the applicant can access the application on Minerva.
The applicant should navigate to the Financial Aid/Awards tab and select the Financial Aid Menu to apply for a McGill Entrance Bursary. Then, the applicant should choose the Apply to Entrance Bursary Program option, complete the application, and submit it.
- Canadian students (citizens or permanent residents) outside Canada must submit a CSS Financial Aid Profile to the Scholarships and Student Aid Office and complete the McGill Minerva aid application.
- U.S. students interested in applying for the Entrance Bursary Program at the University must submit a CSS Profile alongside the McGill Minerva aid application.
- Similarly, international students (non-U.S.) who wish to apply for the Entrance Bursary Program at the University are required to submit a CSS Profile along with the McGill Minerva aid application.
If you are a student who has a disability and needs assistance in filling out online applications, please feel free to contact us.
For more details, click here.