Nigeria Customs Service -How To Join The Nigeria Customs Service
The Nigeria customs service (NCS) is an autarchic agency established in 1891, its primary role entails the congregating of customs revenue (import/Excise duties and other taxes), accounting revenue, security Roles, foreign exchange monitoring and welfare, generating planning and budgetary statistics, research, enforcement and planning of government fiscal policies, facilitating trade via breakneck clearance, manifest processing, registering and designating collecting banks, licensing customs Agents, annihilating customs fraud, combating import and export of dangerous substances and all forms of anti-smuggling efforts.
The NCS is a paramilitary Organization under the supervision of the Nigerian Ministry of Finance and governed by the Comptroller general who surveys the activities of 6 deputy comptroller generals working in the following departments:
Corporate Support Service.
Tariff and trade.
Enforcement, Investigation and Inspection.
Modernization, Research, and Economic Relations.
Excise, Industrial Incentives, and the free trade zone.
Human Resources Development.
How to join the Nigeria customs service.
Academic qualifications are required of which the minimum applicants would need to possess in order to be considered is either SSCE, HND, BSC, or any other related certificates depending on the particular cadre to be applied for.
Requirements for Recruitment.
The following are basic requirements applicants must attain before applying for the recruitment.
1. All applicants must be citizens of Nigeria through natural means, by birth.
2. Age must range between 18-35 years.
3. Not less than 1.7 meters in height for males and 1.64 meters for females.
4. Applicants must have completed their O levels or higher education depending on the position they intend to apply for.
5. Ex inmates wouldn’t be considered.
6. Should have fully expanded chest measurement of not less than 0.87 meters (strictly for males.)
7. Applicants must be free of all health deformities and must be physically fit. This must be certified by a Government medical officer.
8. Applicants must be free from debt or any form of financial bondage that’d stem embarrassment.
9. Candidates must constitute a good character, must be an ideal citizen, and have no criminal record.
10. All applicants should possess a certificate of origin signs appropriately by the chairman/secretary of their local governments.
11. You must submit the appropriate document for your desired cadre.
12. Submitting more than one application results in an automatic disqualification.
The Nigeria customs service remains visible for its transparency and standards towards its recruitment exercises. Following the submission of your application, an immediate filing is taken whereby all other applications are placed appropriately. Qualified candidates would be notified and summoned for the next phase of the NCS recruitment exercise.
Certifications left undeclared during application shall not be accepted after the recruitment exercise.
Recommended: Pun, Sarcasm, Dark humour, Meaning and examples
Positions Available in customs recruitment.
The available positions for recruitment in the Nigeria customs service are divide into three cadres;
1. Assistant cadre:
Assistant cadre is junior officers.
2. Superintendent cadre:
The superintendent cadre is a position for Senior ranking officers, comprising Assistant superintendents of custom.
3. Inspectorate cadre:
The inspector cadre is mid-level officers comprising the Assistant inspectors of custom.
How to apply for the position of superintendent in Nigeria customs service:
Applicants showing interest must possess at least a Bachelor’s Degree, HND, or degrees in any of the following fields
-Health Information Management.
– Mechanical Engineering.
– secretarial studies.
– sport/ procurement.
Candidates must have proof detailing the completion of their one-year Nation youth service corp.
How to apply for the position of Inspectorate cadre in the Nigeria customs service;
Interested applicants must fall under the age range between 18-25 years. They must have an OND, NCE, or related degress obtained from recognized polytechnic or institutions in any of the fields listed below:
– Electrical Engineering
-Health Information Management
– Health service Administration
– Medical Laboratory Technology
– Pharmaceutical Technology
– Secretarial studies
How to Apply for the position of Assistant Cadre In Nigeria Customs Service.
Applicants must be between the age of 18-25. They must have a first school leaving certificate, junior secondary school certificate, or any affiliated certificate along with other appropriate trade test certificates. Applicants must possess a minimum of 3-credit passes from the maximum of 2 sittings in any of the following subjects:
– Camera Handling/Photography
– Clerical Assistance
– Health Assistance
– Junior Community Health Assistance
– Mechanical Laboratory Assistants
See Also: X-ray -Meaning, 9 Characteristics, 2 types, and uses
How to Apply for the custom service.
Step 1: Ensure that the Official portal is open and receiving applications.
Step 2: Complete the application form when registration begins.
Step 3: print out all necessary documents and secure the hard copy.
Step 4: Take note of the examination and screening date, so as to avoid missing out.
Step 5: After completing the application processes, wait till you receive notification and prepare for your summoning.