Planning a local date with your spouse
Love should be celebrated at all times. You can decide to surprise your partner by arranging a local date. Let’s forget doing things in the American way. You will sweep him or her off their feet especially if their love language is quality time. A relationship grows well when there is communication, attention understanding, and care.
A date is where two friends especially male and female spend quality time together in a place. This helps them to understand each other very well and access their compatibility. Nowadays, people prefer going on a date in a modern place. But it would be nice to have a local date. A local date simply means spending time with your partner in a natural or indigenous setting. A local date uses local things. It has to be a place that relates to the culture of the person.
Things to consider when planning a local date: there are several things to consider when planning a local date. Here are a few:
1. Culture: You need to be conversant of the culture of your partner and yours. This will help a long way in choosing certain things.
2. You need to know what your partner likes and what he or she dislikes.
3. Budget: Whatever the size of the date will depend on the amount of money you have. For a proper and fun-filled local date, it is pertinent to have a budget.
4. You need to choose a local place that is natural.
Components of a Local date
1. Dressing – Appear in your simple and nice traditional attire. Most preferably, you can wear a simple Ankara outfit. Do not dress flamboyantly.
2. Conversations – What we say really matters on a date. It is the expression of the content of the heart. Therefore, try as much as you can to avoid unnecessary arguments and talks that might hurt each other. Use this time to praise and appreciate your partner.
It will sound so nice if you use the language of your partner or a language you both have mutual intelligibility. In a case where your culture is different. Talk about things in your culture, both the good and the bad. As well as those things that you hold sacrosanct. You get to learn more from each other. Make the date fun by sharing some funny childhood memories, fear, and myth. You can also talk about those stories you grew up to hear in your culture. Share riddles, proverbs, and folklores in your respective culture.
3. Location: The location matters a lot, it is what determines if it is a local date or modern date. Some suggested locations include a lake, beach, museum, forest reserve, a garden, under a tree. These locations bring you close to nature. It gives an opportunity to admire the wonders of creation. It makes the date more convince.
4. Games: No need for computer games. Can you remember the games you played as a child? You can play those games. Mix them with some of the games we have now. By doing this, you get to learn from each other. Games like Whot, Ludo, Scrabble, Ayo. Ayo is the most popular indigenous board game in Nigeria. It is usually played by two people. Ago game is very perfect for this date.
5. Food- Since it is a local date, you can choose a delicacy in your culture. Examples are Boli (roasted plantain) and pepper sauce, roasted or boiled maize with pear or coconut, tiger but, sip garrison with groundnut or fish, barbecued meat (suya, pork, chicken, etc) with palm wine, Moi Moi. You can prepare any meal from your culture. It spices the date.