Scholarship For African Undergraduates: MasterCard Foundation/ KNUT 2023/2024 Scholarship
The Scholars Program at KNUST, sponsored by the MasterCard Foundation, offers young, intelligent, but financially challenged individuals in Ghana and Africa the opportunity to acquire quality and relevant university education.
The program also includes mentoring and cultural transition services to guarantee the student’s academic achievement, community involvement, and employment opportunities, furthering Africa’s social and economic growth.
About Mastercard Foundation:
The Mastercard Foundation envisions a world where all individuals have the chance to learn and thrive, regardless of their initial circumstances. They strongly believe that access to education, financial services, and skills training can give everyone an equal opportunity to succeed.
By focusing on economically challenged young individuals in Africa, the foundation aims to help them find opportunities for self-improvement and for their families and communities to overcome poverty and achieve a better life.
Read Also: Scholarship For Post Graduates – The University Of Birmingham 2023 DeepMind Scholarship
Mastercard Foundation/KNUST Undergraduate Scholarship:
|Country to study||Ghana|
|School to study||Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology|
|Course to study||Not specified|
|State of Origin|
|Gender||Men and Women|
|Application Deadline||July 31, 2023|
Aim And Benefits Of Scholarship:
The Scholarship includes the following;
- A wide range of financial assistance, including full tuition, fully covered on-campus housing, learning materials, transportation, and a monthly stipend.
- Regular group meetings with fellow scholars aimed at personal and professional growth and activities designed to foster social connections and enhance the scholars’ abilities.
- Ongoing academic support through mentoring, virtual learning, life and career coaching, and tutoring.
- Possibilities to engage in leadership conferences, community service, mentoring programs such as Go-back Give-Back, and exclusive internship opportunities.
- An academic environment where faculty and students actively address global challenges.
- The prestige of joining the esteemed community of Mastercard Foundation Scholars Alumni and the Global Scholars Community.
- The chance to pursue an accelerated Master’s Degree at a partner institution in the USA after completing undergraduate studies.
Requirements For Scholarship Qualification
The Mastercard Foundation requirements for the 2023/2024 academic scholarships.
- All prospective applicants must possess a WASSCE, GBCE, ABCE, GCE O’Level, A’Level, or equivalent results from an accredited/recognized institution, and these results must be readily available as certificates.
Additionally, they must meet the admission requirements set by KNUST. Candidates who are awaiting their results will not be considered. The applicant’s results should be at least one year old.
- The applicant must provide evidence of critical economic needs.
The applicant should have documented records showcasing leadership experience and active involvement in community engagement activities.
Priority shall be given to;
- Individuals who have been displaced (officially recognized refugees, those internally displaced, etc.)
- Individuals with disabilities
- The applicant should be willing to return to their community and contribute to its development.
- The applicant must not be currently enrolled in any higher education institution.
July 31, 2023
How to Apply:
Retrieve a copy of the application form for the 2023/2024 academic year from here
- Send the duly filled application form via EMS or any other courier service to:The Program Manager.
Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at KNUST Secretariat
No 1 Africa Hall Impact Building
AK 315 4897
International applicants should note that, along with the scholarship application form, they must also submit the following additional documents to the Secretariat:
- The printed copy of your application for admission at KNUST.
- Original certificates of your O’Level and A’Level results or their equivalent results.
The announcement of the scholarship recipients will be made available on the Program’s website.
For more details, visit the MCF website.