Scholarships By Gates Cambridge For Studies In The United Kingdom.
Table of Contents
The Gates Cambridge Scholarships are available for Master’s or PhD students recently enrolled at Cambridge University in the United Kingdom.
These scholarships are aimed at postgraduate students who are not from the United Kingdom and have demonstrated outstanding academic achievement, dedication to enhancing the lives of others, and leadership potential.
The program is very competitive and provides full funding, and the application period runs from September to December annually.
In 2000, the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation created the Gates Cambridge Scholarship. They aimed to assist outstanding graduate students attending the University of Cambridge in the United Kingdom.
The foundation donated $210 million to establish the scholarship program, the largest donation ever given to a British university to support its most prestigious postgraduate program.
Institution(s) Hosting The Program
The University of Cambridge, located in the United Kingdom, is the scholarship program’s hosting institution.
A postgraduate degree, a master’s degree, a PhD or a one-year program is eligible for the scholarship except for certain excluded programs.
- Business Doctorate (BusD)
- Master of Business (MBA)
- Master of Finance (MFin)
- MBBChir Clinical Studies
- MD Doctor of Medicine degree (6 years, part-time)
- Graduate Course in Medicine (A101)
- Part-time degrees
- Non-degree courses
The Gates Cambridge Scholarship covers all expenses related to the scholarship and, thus, is not required to be paid for by the recipient.
To be eligible, candidates must satisfy the following requirements:
- Applicants must hold citizenship in a country that is not the United Kingdom.
- You can apply to study full-time at the University of Cambridge, which includes courses like PhD, MPhil/MLitt, or a one-year postgraduate program.
- To be eligible, you must be enrolled as a student at the University of Cambridge at present.
- If you are presently studying at the University of Cambridge and wish to pursue a new postgraduate degree, you can apply for a Gates Cambridge Scholarship. For instance, if you are currently pursuing an MPhil, you may apply for a scholarship to pursue a Ph.D. Additionally, current Gates Cambridge Scholars can apply for a second year of funding while pursuing a new degree.
- If you have already begun a course, you are not eligible to apply for a Gates Cambridge Scholarship to cover the remaining expenses of that course.
Directions For Submitting An Application
- On the Application Form, you must furnish the customary details regarding your personal information, educational background, intentions, and suitability for the proposed course.
- This part of the application allows you to request different financial assistance programs from the university and related groups. These programs comprise the Gates Cambridge Scholarships, presented in a separate category.
- To apply for admission and financial aid, candidates must submit their applications via the University’s Graduate Application Portal, which includes both the Gates Cambridge scholarships and other funding opportunities.
- In order to qualify for a Gates Cambridge Scholarship, applicants must fill out the admission application for a specific course and college and complete the funding section for the Gates Cambridge Scholarship. It should be noted that Gates Cambridge has access to the entire admission and funding application when reviewing candidates.
- Make sure to submit your application for the Graduate Funding Competition before the deadline in the University Course Directory.
- The deadline for submitting your application depends on the course you are applying for and falls either on December 1 or January 5. The application process begins in September.
Deadline: Applications entry in the academic year 2023-2024 are now closed
The academic year 2024-2025 application entry will open again in September 2023.