Top 5 Websites to learn programming
Table of Contents
Programming is one of the most sought-after skills in the world and anyone with knowledge of any popular programming language is highly sought after.
Programming is not well taught in schools especially higher institutions and this is due to the fact that programming is a very dynamic field and what you know today may be outdated tomorrow so the reason why a lot of programmers are self-taught.
Before you decide to learn a programming language, then you should note that there are a lot of programming languages but the following ones outlined below are highly sought after:
Recommended: How to code with html and CSS
Html: HTML is the basic building block of any website and any text you see on a webpage is done with HTML so before you can master web development, then you must be good in HTML.
CSS: CSS stands for Cascading style sheets and this programming language is used to style web pages and without it, web pages would be blank.
There are other programming languages that one can learn but we decided to mention a few due to the nature of this post so ensure that you do your research well before you continue reading this post.
TOP WEBSITES TO LEARN PROGRAMMING
There are a lot of websites where one can learn any programming language of his choice but this article would highlight the quality ones where you can learn them for free or at a relatively cheap price.
- Codecademy: Codecademy is a very popular website where one can learn any programming language of his choice and some of the languages one can learn in Codecademy include:
- HTML & CSS
All these programming languages fall under different subject areas so before you start participating in any course, ensure that you go through the subject area and find out the programming languages under that subject area.
- W3 Schools: W3 schools is a learning platform that is not like any of the following listed in this article. W3 Schools has a lot of programming languages and for each one you want to learn, there would be a list of syntax for it so you can start learning anytime you want.
There are no exercises in W3 schools like Codecademy and freecodecamp and some of the programming languages one can learn there include:
- Freecodecamp: Freecodecamp is a free platform where one can earn certificates in any of the following:
- Responsive Web Design
- Front End Development Libraries
- Data Visualization
- API and Microservices
- Quality Assurance
- Scientific Computing with Python
- Data Analysis with Python
- Information Security
- Machine Learning with Python
Each of the following listed above has syllables and for every topic, you finish, there would be an exercise that you must complete before you can move to the next level so ensure that you go through the exercise thoroughly and also understand what it entails before moving to the next level.
- Udemy: Udemy is an online platform where courses are sold and these courses are in different fields so visit the website and type in the name of the programming language you want to learn in the search bar and if the course is available, it would appear. Note that some of the courses are free and if the one you are interested is paid then you would have to pay the course fee before you can access its content.
- Youtube: Youtube is another great platform for learning programming and on youtube, you have access to a lot of quality content and variants of the same topic so you are not stuck to one (1) syllable. Follow any channel that you feel has great content and then download and watch the contents anytime you like finally, ensure that you practice what you have learned via code editors such as Vs code and brackets editor.
One secret to being a successful learner in programming is persistence because a lot of people give up easily and that is why it is one of the most difficult fields in the world. Ensure that you choose the path you want to follow and stick to it till you are successful.