Video Conferencing Platforms -Top Video Conferencing Platforms you should use in 2021
The popularity of Video conferencing increased over the last few months and this is due to the Covid-19 pandemic where people were prohibited from having large gatherings or meetings.
Videoconferencing which is also known as video telephony can simply be defined as any telecommunication in the form of a video conference or it is the technology for the reception and transmission of audio-video signals by users in different locations.
Recommended: Payment Processors for online Business -Top (5) Payment Platforms for Ecommerce sites
Video conferencing is majorly used during online lectures as that is the most common application of video conferencing in the modern-day world. Without a Video conferencing platform, then there can be no video conference because these platforms were specifically designed for this purpose.
TOP VIDEO CONFERENCING PLATFORMS IN 2021
Below is a list of some of the top video conferencing platforms in 2021:
- Zoom: Zoom was created in the year 2012 by Eric Yuam and its popularity increased during the Covid-19 pandemic because it was the most used video-conferencing application around the world. Zoom has different plans but the most used plan is the free plan which allows up to 100 participants to hold a meeting at once. Group meetings can hold for a maximum of 40 minutes while one-on-one meetings are unlimited. Finally, Zoom also has plans like Zoom phone, Zoom video webinar, Zoom rooms, and Zoom united business.
- Skype: Skype has been around for a very long time compared to Zoom and it was created in the year 2003 by Priit Kaseasalau and Jaan Tallinn. Skype can be used for Video calls and Video chats and it can be used on different platforms such as Windows, Mac Os, Linux, Android, and IOS. It is important to note that the name Skype was derived from the word Sky Peer-to-peer which was then abbreviated to Skyper.
- Google Meet: Google meet is a free video-conferencing app created in the year 2017 by google and it is one of the two (2) applications created to replace Google hangouts with the other being google chat. Google Meet is supported by a lot of platforms such as IOS, Android, and windows. With Google meet, one can have a meeting with up to 100 users and the ability to call into meetings with a dial-in number from selected countries. Finally, you can also share links or join a meeting by inserting the group link in entering a code or link box on the Google meet homepage.
- WebEx: Cisco Webex is a video conferencing platform that was created in the year 1995 by Cisco WebEx a company that creates video conferencing applications. WebEx is supported by platforms like windows. Finally, WebEx has a free plan and a paid plan and you can determine the one you want to use.
- EzTalks: Eztalks is a free video-conferencing, web conferencing and audio conferencing software that has a lot of great inbuilt functions. Eatalks has a lot of features like HD video and Audio, File and Screen sharing, interactive whiteboard, instant messaging, and meeting control. Eztalks has four plans namely:
Starter: The starter plan is free and allows two (2) participants with 10mins limits on group meetings and it also has an MP4 local recording.
Standard: Standard plan is worth $10 per month and it has features like the ability to host up to 100 participants, unlimited group meetings, Mp4 local recording, Mp4 cloud recording, 2GB host or online storage, 500/mo recording online views.
Pro: The pro plan costs $30 per month and it can host up to 200 participants in addition to a 1000/mo online recording views.
Business: This plan costs $50 per month and it can host up to 300 participants in one single meeting in addition to 3000/month online recording views.
See Also: Online Students Platforms – Best ONLINE LEARNING PLATFORMS FOR STUDENTS TO LEARN ANYTHING
Video conferencing is here to stay and with time, a lot of meeting would be held online because not only is it comfortable, but it is also flexible compared to physical meetings.
If you want to hold any online meeting with your colleagues at any time ensure that you choose or use any of the following applications listed above in this article and if you are not okay with any of them then please you can search online for the one that you may fancy. Finally, subscribe to our mailing list and share this article if you found it useful.