Vitamins and hair growth
Table of Contents
The majority of people believe that healthy hair is a sign of beauty. Just as we eat to the growth and development of our body, we should also put into consideration our hair growth. As we supply the body with a balanced diet, we should also supply the hair with its diets too.
The hair needs nutrients to grow well. Several factors like age, genetics and hormones affect hair growth. But the major cause is nutrient. Lack of nutrients in the hair leads to deficiencies like hair loss, dryness and other issues.
According to Wikipedia, Vitamins are macronutrient. Vitamin is an organic molecule (or a set of molecules closely related chemically, i.e. vitamers) that is an essential micronutrient which an organism needs in small quantities for the proper functioning of its metabolism. Examples of Vitamins are vitamin A, Vitamin B, Vitamin C, Vitamin D, Vitamin E and Vitamin K.
Vitamins and their functions on the hair
- Vitamin A is one of the most essential needed for hair growth. There is a substance in the produce that can only be produced with the presence of Vitamin A. It is called the sebum. The sebum is an oily liquid that is secreted in the hairs sebaceous glands. The absence of sebum may cause an itchy scalp and dry hair.
- Vitamin B aids the circulation of blood, nutrients and oxygen to the scalp. It helps the hair to grow well.
- Vitamin E gives protection to the hair and scalp.
- Vitamin C helps in the production of collagen. Collagen is a substance that strengthens the capillaries. It helps the hair shaft.
Fruits that contain Vitamins
So many fruits have vitamins in them which play a vital role in hair growth. They are avocado, carrots, tomatoes, onions, cucumber, ginger, etc. These fruits can be processed into oil and used as hair cream.
- Avocados are big round and fleshy fruits that have one large seed. Avocado is a great source of vitamin A (2%), B (6%) and C (16%). It promotes hair growth, nourishes the scalp, gives hair a shiny look, blackens the hair and prevents hair loss. In addition, it helps the hair to retain moisture thereby prevent dehydration.
* For healthy hair, you can eat two avocado pears in a day for two weeks. The result will great. You can use it to deep conditioner your hair.
* Avocado oil is very useful as well. Peel the avocado, remove the flesh, blend it. Place a pot on the fire, pour olive oil into the pot and add the avocado paste and stir. Heat until the oil turns green. Allow it to cool, your oil is ready for use.
- Tomatoes are good for hair growth. They contain Vitamin A, B, C and E. They are good triggers for hair growth. They prevent and treat hair loss, scalp odour and dandruff. You can start eating five raw tomatoes in a day. It can also be used as a deep conditioner. As a deep conditioner, blend four big sized tomatoes, sieve them (it helps in removing the seeds and water). Then add a teaspoonful of honey and olive oil. Mix them very well. Then use the mixture to massage your hair from the root to the tip. Cover your hair with nylon for one hour. Wash the mixture out with shampoo. Comb and style as desired.
- Carrots are good for the skin as well as the hair. It contains Vitamin B. It enhances the growth of new cells. It makes blood circulation easy. Easy blood circulation enhance hair growth. Carrot oil is very easy to produce. Just grate the desired amount of carrot, pour it into a heated oil (coconut oil, olive oil, castor oil or almond oil). Allow it to cook for some minutes, bring it down and allow it to cool. Sieve it into a container or bottle.
- Onions have a large content of Vitamin C and B6. For those that are transitioning to virgin hair, onion juice will help to decrease hydrogen peroxide. It nourishes the hair follicles with vitamin content. It improves blood circulation on the scalp. Onion juice is very easy to extract. Just grate the amount of onion you want to use, squeeze the liquid with a cloth, add coconut oil to it. Then use it to massage your scalp, wash with shampoo after twenty minutes.
The hair is the beauty and glory of a woman. Therefore, ample care should be given to it. Pick any of these fruits and use them for your hair. Then watch out for the miracle.