2023 Kano State Academic Program – Scholarships For Postgraduate Studies In Foreign And Local Institutions
Table of Contents
Kano State qualified graduates are invited to apply for the postgraduate foreign and local scholarships for the academic session of 2023/2024. The previous scholarship was provided in 2015 by Sen. Rabiu Musa Kwankwaso’s Administration, which supported 503 first-class graduates in 14 different countries.
The last administration did not provide postgraduate foreign scholarships for eight years. However, the current Executive Governor of Kano State, H.E. Engr. Abba Kabir Yusuf has approved the resumption of postgraduate foreign and local scholarships from the 2023/2024 academic session.
Requirements For Scholarships Qualification
Candidates applying for the scholarship are required to
- Be a native of Kano State
- Have obtained a Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent with an outstanding academic performance from a recognized and respected university or educational institution
- Be in good physical health and cleared for both travel and academic pursuits.
- Complete the appropriate application forms, which can be downloaded at no cost from the website www.kanostate.gov.ng/scholarship_application.
Interview Date, Process And Venue
Applicants who meet the requirements will receive an invitation to attend an interview for the screening process.
Documents Required For Application
- Proof of indigenous status (Indigene Certificate)
- Medical certificate to verify good health
- Birth certificate as proof of date of birth
- Certificate of completion for primary school education
- Certification for the West African Senior School Certificate Examination (WASC), General Certificate of Education (GCE), or Senior Secondary School Certificate Examination (SSCE)
- Degree certificate or equivalent academic qualification
How To Apply
Applicants are required to submit their application forms and copies of their credentials to the secretariat of the screening committee located in the Old Conference Room at the Office of the Secretary to the State Government, Cabinet Office, 1 Wudil Road, Kano. This should be done within two weeks of the advertisement.