Job In Abuja – Receptionist Needed At Family Health International (FHI 360)
FHI 360 is a non-profit organization focusing on human development to enhance people’s lives through sustainable and locally-driven solutions. The organization comprises experienced professionals in various fields: education, health, nutrition, gender, civil society, technology, research, and youth.
This diverse pool of experts enables FHI 360 to tackle today’s complex development challenges. FHI 360 operates in over 70 countries, including all U.S. states and territories.
We are currently seeking candidates for the following position:
Job Requisition ID:
The Facilities Manager will oversee the receptionist responsible for providing secretarial and receptionist services. This will involve monitoring and operating computer work, typing, filing, receiving visitors, answering calls, and opening and directing official mail.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Operate the switchboard, directing incoming and outgoing calls based on the caller’s needs and determining the appropriate routing.
- Screen all incoming visitors and vendors, guiding them to the correct location.
- Ensure that all staff and visitors complete the necessary office attendance register.
- Provide exceptional customer service.
- Receive, record, and distribute incoming and outgoing courier packages, office deliveries, and faxes promptly.
- Take care of office equipment tasks such as arranging telephone and email services, obtaining service quotations, and coordinating repairs.
- Maintain a well-organized appearance and functionality of the reception area.
- Take responsibility for office security and communicate with security guards when necessary.
- Keep accurate records of visitor requests and received calls.
- Open and close the office daily, following established security and office procedures.
- Assist in typing, word processing, and general administrative support to the administrative team and other assigned groups.
- Update, maintain, and distribute telephone staff directories as needed.
- Update and maintain online conference room schedules and various intranet documents.
- Coordinate with the Information Technology department for telephone and computer-related issues, such as visitor access and office assignments.
- Receive and process bills for payment, including newspapers, AEPB, AEDC, and other relevant bills.
- Perform any other duties assigned by the organization.
Qualifications And Requirements
- Possession of a University Degree or an equivalent recognized qualification, accompanied by 1-3 years of experience in a similar role.
- Familiarity with international non-governmental organizations (NGOs) is advantageous.
- Prior experience working with large and intricate organizations is preferred.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities: