A 34-year-old Footballer Slumped and Died during Football Training
A 34-year-old footballer who was in a training section at Dipo Dina International Stadium Ijebu-ode in Ijebu-ode Local Government Area of Ogun State.
The incident was said to have happened as the player who went by the name ‘Sodiq Adebisi’ was having a training session with fellow footballers.
An eyewitness to the incident and was also his teammate said that he saw Sodiq collapse and he was rushed to the state hospital at Ijebu Ode but was pronounced dead on the same day.
- Examples of Indoor Sports you should know
- Outdoor Sports -14 examples of outdoor sports you need to try out
The State Police Public Relations Officer, Omolola Odutola, who confirmed the incident went ahead to disclose that the deceased brother, Ganiyu Adebisi demanded the release of the body for immediate burial.
- Sports O’clock; 6 Hardest Things To Do In The World Of Sports
- Sports Bras; Top 8 Best Running Sports Bras of 2023
- Popular Sports In The World; 12 Most Engaged Sports In The World
According to Odutola “The brother reported the incident at our Igbegba division and said that the family don’t want any investigation and that they want to bury the deceased according to Islamic rites.”