AFCON 2023: Top Eight Young Players to Watch out for During the competition (Under 22)
Table of Contents
Many football teams have decided to include young and upcoming football players in the AFCON 2023 competition that will start on January 13 and end on February 11, 2024. This AFCON 2023 young players, have made remarkable achievements in their clubs, which is why they have been allowed to show their talent on the world stage.
Some of them are Lamine Camara (from Senegal), Nathan (from Cameroon), Karim Konaté (Côte d’Ivoire) and many others. Keep reading to find out who else made the list of AFCON 2023 young players to watch out for during the competition.
- Retired Players: see List of Footballers that Retired in 2023
- The UEFA Champions League Round of 16 Draw: Things you should know
- Sports; 7 types and activities I
- Sports -6 types and activities II
AFCON 2023 Young Players
1. Micheal Amir Richardson Junior (Morocco)
21-year-old Amir Richardson has made an impressive impact scoring 3 goals in 14 matches and with his position as a midfielder, he is one of the AFCON 2023 players with surprises kept in stall for his fans.
2. Ernest Nuamah (Ghana)
It would not be fair to exclude the 20-year-old Ghananian (Ernest Nuamah) and a rising football star from my list. Ernest Nuamah is a young player who has a high expectation of bringing home more glory from the AFCON 2023 which is about to start.
3. Karim Konaté (Côte d’Ivoire)
Born on March 24, 2004, Konaté is another player who has sparked the interest and attracted the love of his home fans and top football clubs around the world.
- Top 5 richest footballers in Nigeria
- 10 top fastest footballers in the world in 2023
- FA CUP Fourth Round 2023-24: Liverpool vs Norwich, Man U vs Eastleigh, Chelsea vs Aston Villa (see full draw list)
4. Wilfried Nathan Duoala (Cameroon)
The 17-year-old midfielder is another person who surprisingly made it to the list of AFCON 2023 young players who are under the age of 22. His wonderful performance and technical skill have impressed his coach who allowed him to play in the football competition starting on January 13, 2024.
5. Lamine Camara (Senegal)
Born on January 1st, 2004 he is one of the Senegal Football players that is participating in the AFCON 2023. His position on the football field is the Attacking mid-fielder under the Mertz Football Club.
- Sports O’clock; 6 Hardest Things To Do In The World Of Sports
- Popular Sports In The World; 12 Most Engaged Sports In The World
- Sports Bras; Top 8 Best Running Sports Bras of 2023
- Examples of Indoor Sports you should know
He was allowed to play in the oncoming AFCON 2023 after scoring for Senegal on November 18, 2023, a score that earned him the trust of his coach, Aliou Cisse.
6. Ousmane Diomande (Côte d’Ivoire)
The 20-year-old central defender and Ivorian have played five Europa Leagues and scored once, known for his stability in defence and is also a promising star for the AFCON 2023 competition.
7. Bilal El Khannouss (Morocco)
The 19-year-old Bilal El Khannouss is recognized as the next superstar coming from Morocco.
Playing the position of a midfielder, he has shown his talent in a way that attracted the interest of Liverpool, Manchester United and many other top Premier League clubs to him.
8. Kamory Doumbia (Mali)
Kamory Doumbia is a midfielder who has scored four goals for his country in the last competitive international games. He is recently 20 years old and is capable of making a remarkable impact in the upcoming football competition.
Listed above is a compilation of Young football players who are under the age of 22 and are featuring in the upcoming AFCON 2023 competition.
With the impressive achievement they had made within a short while, they have raised the hopes of the club, fans and country as people who will play an important role in their respective clubs that will guarantee them winning in the AFCON 2023 cup during the competition.