Paypal Account in Nigeria -Easy steps to creating PayPal account in Nigeria, PayPal signup, Paypal login
Paypal is one of the most used online payments systems in the world and it used by several websites that have one or two paid services to offer but the downside of PayPal is that it is not allowed in some countries especially Nigeria where a lot of people perform international transactions frequently.
The reason for this ban is due to the high case of fraud in the country nevertheless a lot of people have been looking for ways to create a Paypal account that can receive and send money from Nigeria, unlike the other accounts that can only send money but cannot receive.
A lot of people have tried different ways to create a PayPal account and one of them is the use of VPN but the downside of using this method is that if Paypal would withhold your funds no matter the amount once Paypal notices something fishy about your account also note that the probability of you being caught is 90% so forget about that method.
HOW TO CREATE A PAYPAL ACCOUNT THAT CAN RECEIVE AND SEND MONEY IN NIGERIA
In the year 2015, Paypal reduced the limitation they placed on Nigeria and the only account one can create is a business account and you would need to possess the following before you can create a Paypal business account:
- An Internet-enabled device
- A business name
- A government-issued ID
- A legal business phone number
- Postal Information
- Information about your business
- Account holder’s Information
Recommended: Computer system -The hardware and software of Components of the computer system
Once you have gotten all of the following, then follow the steps below to create a Paypal business account:
- Go to the Paypal Business Signup page paypal.com/ng/merchantsignup/create
- Fill in your personal information and select your primary currency
- Agree to the terms and condition and proceed to the business information
- Once you are done select the account holder’s information
- A verification link would be sent to the email you used in signing up so login to your email and click on the verification link also note that your account would be unverified if you do not do this.
- Once you have verified your account, sign in and add your additional details and once you have done that, you would have a functional Paypal account.
HOW TO FUND THE PAYPAL ACCOUNT
Creating a Paypal account is one of the several operations that one can perform with a Paypal account and another important operation is how to fund your Paypal account.
Funding a Paypal account simply means adding money to your Paypal account and there are basically two ways of funding a Paypal account namely:
- Use of Debit Card: In this method, you would be required to connect your debit card to the Paypal account and whenever you want to make a payment, the money would be withdrawn from the debit card you linked to your Paypal account. During the linking of the debit card with a Paypal account, an amount of money might be withdrawn but it would be refunded and this is done to verify that the card is authentic.
- Use Of Online and Offline Exchangers: There are online platforms where you can buy PayPal funds and please note that each exchanger might have its own rate so ensure that you choose a well reputable website and also ensure that the website has SSL if not your details would be opened to hackers or fraudsters. Offline exchangers are individuals who sell Paypal funds and these types of exchangers are easy to find especially in forums but please ensure that the person you are dealing with is trustworthy has a proven track record.
See Also: 7 top Cryptocurrency Wallets you need to know
HOW TO WITHDRAW YOUR PAYPAL FUNDS
The final operation that one can perform is withdrawing of Paypal funds and as the funding operation, there are two ways of withdrawing Paypal funds and we would outline them below:
- Withdrawing Directly to the account linked with your account: To use this method, ensure that you have linked your account with Paypal also take note of the following if you are following this method:
- It might take some time before you receive the money in your local account
- You would be charged a transaction fee so please ensure that you have a reasonable amount of money in your account.
- Ensure that you have a dollar account because the Federal Government if not your money would be withheld and this is due to the new policy regarding the directing sending of money from another currency to a naira account.
- Use of Offline and Online Exchangers: Offline and Online exchangers also buy Paypal funds so ensure that you contact a reputable Paypal exchanger and exchange your funds once you are ready to withdraw your funds.
FEATURES OF THE PAYPAL BUSINESS ACCOUNT
The following are the features of the business account in Nigeria:
- It can send money
- It can only receive Money via a website such as an eCommerce store
- It does not require the use of a VPN
- It is free of charge
- It does not require a fake address or international number to create
If this article helped you, then please share it with your friends and also drop your comment below.