Scholarship For Developing Countries – DAAD Helmut-Schmidt Masters Scholarship 2024
Table of Contents
The Public Policy and Good Governance program, also known as the DAAD Helmut-Schmidt-Programme, supports individuals from developing countries who aspire to promote democracy and social justice in their home countries. The German Federal Foreign Office funds the program.
It offers the opportunity to pursue a Master’s degree in programs highly relevant to the social, political, and economic development of the students’ countries of origin. Graduates with a first academic degree in political science, law, economics, and administration are eligible to apply.
They will be trained to become highly qualified leaders who embody the principles of Good Governance and are prepared to take on leadership roles in their home countries.
The DAAD scholarship is an independent organization in Germany representing 365 higher education institutions. It is privately and federally funded and operates on its own.
The DAAD does not provide any courses or programs of study but rather offers competitive grants based on merit to support individuals who wish to pursue studies or research in any accredited German higher education institution.
DAAD Helmut-Schmidt Masters Scholarship
|Organisation||German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD)|
|Country to study||Germany|
|School to study||–|
|Course to study||Not specified|
|Application Deadline||July 31, 2023|
Aim And Benefits Of Scholarship
- Scholarships are available for master’s programs at German higher education institutions, and the monthly amount is currently €934.
- Health insurance in Germany will be provided.
- Adequate allowances for travel between Germany and the respective developing countries will be given.
- A grant for studying and conducting research will be provided.
- Rent subsidies and family supplements will be offered, if applicable.
- Before starting the program, a mandatory German language course will be provided in Germany, which can last up to 6 months.
Requirements For Scholarship Qualification
The DAAD Helmut-Schmidt Scholarship Programme is available to individuals who have completed a bachelor’s degree or an equivalent qualification and are from developing countries.;
- Typically, applicants should have a strong first university degree in social and political sciences, law, economics, public policy, and administration.
- Applicants should demonstrate a willingness to actively contribute to developing their home countries/regions in social, political, and economic aspects.
- Prior practical experience relevant to the program, such as professional experience, internships, or involvement in political or social activities, is desirable.
Required Documents For Application
- A completed checklist form was signed and indicated the place and date.
- The DAAD application form titled ‘Application for a research/study scholarship’ should be filled out with typed answers or ensure that they are easily readable.
- A letter of motivation explaining the reasons for applying.
- A curriculum vitae (CV) organized in reverse chronological order using the Europass template should include detailed information about your educational background and practical experience without any unexplained gaps.
- Copies of your academic degree certificates.
- A copy of your complete transcript of records.
- Written confirmation of any relevant work experience, internships, or professional experience.
- Recent language certificates for English and German proficiency.
- A currently written reference from your current employer or a university lecturer, written on headed paper, signed, dated, and stamped. If you are currently a student, the reference should be provided by a university lecturer.
July 31, 2023
How To Apply
For more details, visit the DAAD Helmut-Schmidt website