Scholarship For Teachers – Maltina Teacher Of The Year Competition 2023
Table of Contents
To uphold our corporate philosophy of “Winning with Nigeria”, Nigerian Breweries Plc has actively supported education alongside our other CSR initiatives. In line with this, we established the Nigerian Breweries-Felix Ohiwerei Education Trust Fund in 1994, with an initial capital of 100 million Naira.
The fund aims to promote sustained quality education through structured interventions across the primary, secondary, and tertiary levels of education in all six geographical zones in Nigeria. So far, we have constructed and equipped over 400 classrooms, libraries, and sanitation facilities in 74 communities nationwide.
Additionally, we’ve granted scholarships to deserving students in tertiary institutions. In 2015, the fund launched the Maltina Teacher of the Year competition, a national contest to recognise, appreciate, and reward outstanding teachers in Nigeria.
The Maltina Teacher of the Year has been supported by various education stakeholders, including the Federal Ministry of Education, Nigeria Union of Teachers(NUT), All Nigeria Conference of Principals of Secondary Schools (ANCOPPS), and Teachers Registration Council of Nigeria (TRCN).
Since its inception, the Maltina Teacher of the Year has recognized 181 teachers.
Maltina, a malt beverage naturally rich in multivitamins, provides the additional nourishment necessary to strengthen, protect, and rejuvenate the body. Its delightful, rich, and smooth flavour suits everyone at any time. Nigerian Breweries Plc, which launched Maltina into the Nigerian market in 1976, produces it.
Maltina was the initial locally produced malt beverage in Nigeria.
Maltina Teacher of the Year Competition
|Country to study||Nigeria|
|School to study||–|
|Course to study||Not specified|
|Application Deadline||July 21, 2023|
Aim And Benefits Of Competition
- The Maltina Teacher of the Year Award seeks to acknowledge and honor exceptional teachers in Nigeria. The program is available to all teachers in secondary schools throughout the country.
- The competition will feature winners from each state in Nigeria, including the Federal Capital Territory. The ultimate winner will be selected from these state champions. Each state champion will be acknowledged and rewarded accordingly, and the national winners will be chosen from the state champions after undergoing further evaluation.
- The amount of N6,500,000 will be allocated for capacity development training.
- A fully equipped block of classrooms or a computer laboratory will be provided.
- The 1st runner-up will receive N1,500,000.
- The 2nd runner-up will receive N1,250,000.
- Each state champion will be awarded N500,000.
Requirements For Competition Qualification
- Teachers who work in public and private schools.
July 21, 2023
How To Apply
If you meet the requirements and are interested in the Maltina Teacher of the Year award, you can apply by visiting www.maltinateacheroftheyear.com. You have two options for submitting your application: you can either apply online by clicking the provided link, or you can download the application form, fill it out, scan it, and then send it as an email attachment to [email protected].
For more details, visit the Maltina website.