New Year resolution Bible Verses
Table of Contents
Towards the end of every year, people tend to warm up and prepare for the coming New Year. The end of the Year is always a time to clear off some old way of doing things and see that we begin the new year on a clean slate. At the beginning of a new year, so many people have already drawn a plan of all they need to achieve in the forthcoming year, and this alone shows that an individual has a sign and desire to grow.
When we prepare for the New Year as Christians, we must not forget to back up all our plans with prayers because the one who created us is the one who will guide us to see that all our plans are brought to pass. There is a lot of things to do in preparing for a New Year.
These include: Stating your goals that have been achieved in the previous year, pointing out all that we realized we failed at doing in the previous way, deliberately trying and making efforts to discard those relationships we realized were of no good for us, marking out and deciding to do away with the bad habits we discovered do us more harm than good.
All these go a long way in helping us become better people; it shows us that we are ready to face whatever the New Year brings to our faces or our doorsteps. As Christians, when we are preparing for any New year, we must not forget that God, who is the author and finisher of our faith, decides and determines where our lives will turn and all that will become of us in the end; that is why we must not forget to include God in the things we hope to achieve or plan to do. We must include Him in our plans because he has the final say.
Bible Verses for a New Year
When we memorize some Bible verses and hold on to them as we move in our everyday lives, we discover that our lives become better; we spread hope, love and strength in everything we do as we fill our minds with God’s word. The word of God brings life, hope and understanding and when we speak or constantly remind ourselves of what God says or has in store for us, worry, fear, and hopelessness become less of a thing on our list.
In speaking the word of God and preparing our spiritual man for the year ahead, we must consider a few Bible verses. These Bible verses will keep us strong. We must also not forget to surrender and submit to God as we prepare and plan.
New Year Resolution Bible Verses
Here are a few Bible Verses we can hold on to for the New Year.
- I will lift up my eyes to the hills from whence comet my help. My help comes from the Lord, who made the heavens and the earth.
- The Lord will fight for you, and you shall hold your peace.
- Arise and shine, for the light has come
- No weapon formed against me shall prosper
- I will overturn
- Isaiah 43:19– Behold, I will do a new thing. Do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the Wilderness and streams in the wasteland.
- Psalm 27:1- The Lord is my light and my salvation, whom shall I fear, the Lord is the stronghold of my life, whom shall I be afraid of?
- Psalm 28:7- The Lord is my strength and shield; my heart trusts in him, and he helps me. My heart leaps for joy, and with my song, I praise him.
- Isaiah 45:2-I will go before you and level the mountains; I will break down the gates of bronze and cut through bars of iron.
- Malachi 3:11 – I will prevent pests from devouring thy crops and the vines in your fields will not drop their fruit before it is ripe, says the Lord.
- Romans 8:31- What then shall we say in response to these things? If the Lord be for us, who can be against us?
- Isaiah 60:1 – Nations will come to your light and Kings to the brightness of your dawn.
- Exodus 23:25 – Worship the Lord your God and his blessings will be on thy bread and water. I will take away sickness from among you.
- Psalm 16:6 – The Lines are falling for me in pleasant places.
- Isaiah 43:2 – When you pass through the waters, I will be with you and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze.
- Genesis 28:15 – I am with you, I will watch over you wherever you go. One day I will bring you back to this land. I will not leave you until I have finished giving you everything I have promised you.
- Deuteronomy 28:6 – You will be blessed when you come in and blessed when you go out.
- Deuteronomy 28:12 –The Lord will open the heavens, the storehouse of his bounty, to send rain on your land, in season and to bless all the works of your hands. You will lend to many nations but will borrow from none.
- Jeremiah 29:11 – For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future”.
- Ecclesiastes 3:1 – There is a time for everything and a season for every activity under the heavens.
- 2Corinthians 9:8 – And God is able to bless you abundantly, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work.
- Philippians 4:19 – My God will meet all your needs according to the riches of his glory in Christ Jesus.
As you step into the New Year with these scriptures, you will be strengthened to push further. Have an amazing New Year!!