How to Retrieve your National Identification Number (NIN) with your mobile phone
Table of Contents
Discover the easiest way to check your National Identification Number with your mobile phone. Say goodbye to the problems of waiting in long queues and filling out lengthy forms before your National Identification Number can be checked. Still, you can now do that with your mobile phone and have access to it using these simple methods.
- How to Check MTN Data Balance: 5 easy ways
- How to Check Your Number on MTN: No. 1 is the Easiest
- PayPal Money Transfer: How to Send and Receive Money Through PayPal In Nigeria
- Android Secret Codes to Get Hidden Features on Your Mobile Phones
During verification and authentication, these national identification numbers match your biometric data and other details to the national identity database. It is also needed in your international passport and used in most examination registrations such as JAMB, WAEC, etc.
- How to Print the Original JAMB Result
- How to Check JAMB Mock Result: The Guidelines to Follow
- How to upload your O’level result to the JAMB portal: A Helpful Guide
- 2024 WAEC Registration, Timetable and Result Release Date
- 2 Easy ways of Checking your WAEC Result using your Phone
- WAEC Verification PIN -Purchase WAEC Verification PIN Online
You may need it or want to use it to link to your SIM or use it to perform other actions but realise that you have misplaced your NIN (National Identification Number). You can retrieve or check it with these steps to check your National Identification Number with your mobile phone.
How to check your National Identification number with your mobile phone
You can only retrieve your NIN by dialling a USSD code; there is no other genuine way to recover your NIN. To use this USSD method, here are the steps you’ll follow:
- Dial *346# on any network (MTN, Airtel, Glo, 9mobile) using your Mobile phone
- Click on the send/call button
- You will see three options. Choose option 1 (NIN retrieval)
- you will be notified that the service will cost you N20.00. Click 1 to proceed.
- If you want to move, click one and send; if not, you can press the Cancel/dismiss button to cancel the request.
If you have not uploaded or linked your NIN, you can also read:
- How to Link Your NIN to Your 9mobile Phone Number
- How to Link Your NIN to Your Airtel Mobile Phone Number
- How to Link Your NIN to Your Glo Mobile Phone Number: 4 Simple Methods
- How to Link Your NIN to Your MTN Mobile Phone Number: 4 Easy Steps to Follow
Please Note that you can only get a positive response from NIMC if you use a phone number linked to your NIN, and the NIN that will be given to you if you dial this code is the one you linked to your number.
A service fee of N20.00 will be deducted from your phone when you use the code.
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
How Can I retrieve my NIN?
You can retrieve your NIN by dialling the NIMC USSD code if you have misplaced it.
What is the USSD code for Retrieving NIN?
The NIMC USSD code for NIN retrieval is *346#
Which Network does this USSD code work with
This USSD code works in all networks (MTN, Airtel, Glo, 9mobile)
Is the service free?
The service is not free, i.e. a service fee of N20.00 will be deducted from your phone number.
What if I do not have enough money on my credit balance for the service fee? Will the request still be granted?
NTherequest will not be granted if your credit balance is below N20.00.